News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1974 Plymouth Satellite Sundance

Started by Darkness, June 17, 2006, 09:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkness

Well, just figure I would pass the word along. Went back snooping around a classic car junkyard yesterday and check it out a little bit better. I asked the yard guy if it was running and what not. He said it was but, the tranny had no reverse and it had been sitting a while since they have started it up. It's a 318/904/car with the original paint and decals. Oh yeah, its an automatic on the column bench seat car and I want to say A/C. Still even has the original hubcaps. I asked what he wanting for it and he said $1200. There is rust on it but, from what I could tell with all the darn weeds around it :screwy: it was a car you could drive everyday. I thought price was high considering the glovebox didn't open and there was hood release on the inside of the car to pop the hood on it. Just thought I would pass it along.

Charger_Fan

I'm thinkin' you meant "Satellite Sebring". :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Darkness

Yes, maybe that's it. I'm not real familiar with them other than I know the Sundance package was rare but, not desireable.

ramit

The sundance package must have came with the 2.2 litre 4 cylinder. ;D

BigBlackDodge

Sundance package was availible in '74.

Swipped this from Allpar.

1974 shows a Satellite Custom, as well as a Sundance option with Aztec Gold Metallic or Spinnaker White colors, a canopy vinyl roof, "premier" wheel covers, gold/black/white upholstery, and a sunburst roof stripe. The most popular seller was the Satellite Custom 4 door sedan, priced at $3329. However, due to poor overall sales, the Satellite ended mid-year.

Josh Breitag added: "I own a 1974 Satellite Sebring Sundance. Plymouth came out with three models of the Sebring in that year: Satellite Sebring, Satellite Sebring Plus, Satellite Sebring Sundance. The Sundance had different interior and came with decals of a sun. The Sundance has a 318 while the Sebring Plus came with a 360...Plymouth came out with this model (Sundance) for only one year."

http://www.allpar.com/model/satellite.html

At the bottom.

Crappy Pic but you can see the 'sundance' above the grill.

http://mclellansautomotive.com/photos/B25205.jpg

BBD

purple70rt

Just got this home 2 days ago, will sell parts cheap or whole car.  Notice the sundance decal on nose (very tacky in my opinion) a sun with a smiley face.

Darkness

Thanks guys. The one in the picture above is in a lot worse shape than the one they have at this yard.

Brock Samson

interesting you think it was overpriced because the glovebox wouldn't open..

Darkness

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 18, 2006, 06:39:38 PM
interesting you think it was overpriced because the glovebox wouldn't open..

I wasn't sure but, it does have some rust on it on the lower front fenders and quarters. Like I said the tranny is shot and the engine would need to be gone through.  The car would need to be redone for sure. I'm not sure how the floor pans are or what the inside of the trunk looks like. I don't know call me a bit of a tight wad but, I wasn't sure if $1200 was a good price or not.

Darkness

Here's a picture of it in the dark.

Big Lebowski

You can always drive mine away, then put a Sundance sticker on it :icon_smile_big: Check the classifieds for my '73 Sebring Plus.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

RallyeMike

From what I can see it looks pretty clean. Would make a real nice driver for a grand.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

purple70rt

The front does look nice, can you get some more pics?

Darkness

Thanks I'll try to get more pics eventually.

Chris G.

Looks really nice. While not worth much, these cars deserve to be saved. I love the odd ball Mopar stuff, and this car is one of them. I think Moparts member KissAlien had a really nice pic of a restored one. Maybe ask him to post it? I should have saved it when he put it up originally.

Anyway, here's a backseat shot of the interior on one local.

Charger_Fan

Well, I'm damned glad I got outta bed today, I learned about a Mopar I've never heard of before! ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

71charger_fan

Back in college, I had a '74 Sebring. There were a few Sundances running around Mercer County, NJ when I lived there and there were a couple I would see around town here in Maryland for a while. I just saw a gold one a few months ago. I don't know if they're particularly rare but they are at least unusual. I think models such as the Satellite Sundance are a manufacturers way of protecting their rights to a nameplate. If they don't protect a model name, someone else might come along and take it for their own. Remember when Suburbans were Plymouth station wagons? When Durango was an option package on the S-10?

Charger1973

You know I never paid any attention and had never heard of this model before either, but it turns out that one of the cars I bought a few parts from is one of these Sundance models.  Never knew that, but always thought that was a wacky color interior.  Now I know why!   :yesnod:

(Also look in the very back just to the right of that yellow trailer and you can just barely see my white 73 Charger.  This is where I found it!)

Dave22443

I've got a 904 I'd sell you cheap to get the old girl going again   :icon_smile_approve:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

74sunnysatty

I think you should defently save that car.I got mine,and im lucky it was drivable and all.

TheGhost

Oh God, for a moment there I thougth that Darkness was back.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.