News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

local cruse night, letting my buddy drive the duster

Started by chrisII, June 16, 2006, 10:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisII

ok , so tonight is the one night a year that cruseing is allowed in our down town. there are limitations on model year ect..but the 74 is no problem. Ive wanted to do this since they started it but never had a car worthy of a cruse night so this was my first chance...then 2 weeks ago i broke my left foot  :icon_smile_angry:   :'(   My best friend had wanted to ride along pretty badly so i am leting him drive. he hasnt driven a muscle car in many years, but did have a duster in high school and really wants mine when i "get bored with it" so i figure why not, most of the cars value to me is the engine and the amount of fun i can have in it. its no fun siting in the garadge. he has only ridden in the car once an i scared the piss outa him (smoked em at like 10- 15 mph) so i think he will be pretty cool with it(not that i care if he gets on it) lemme know guys , am i crazy?

SirNik73

Nope I've been there... well in your friends shoes. I drove my friends 69 ranchero for him... he is so in love with his ranchero its not funny... so if he can give up the wheel for a while then i'm sure you'll have a lot of fun riding shot-gun.

PS
Lets see the Duster!
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

chrisII

ive posted a couple of the duster b4 but ill go out n shoot one of it in front of the house since its a nice sunny day an all. i myself am not that worried bout it cuz im not in love with the duster. its a fun car but a bondo buggy  im mostly in love with the 380 horse 360 crate and the 4 speed. i do think its a badd azz lookin car with the slots and 60s all around (new since earlyer pics) i could sell the engine /trans for more than ive got in the deal so if it gets wrecked so be it as long as everyone was ok. the engine will most likely end up in my charger anyway

Chryco Psycho

depends how well you know your friend , I drove a Charger I built to a show last year for a customer that also broke his foot .... NO Problem !!! ;D

chrisII

all went well . not alot of mopars there, but a few.there was a bad ass lookin older dart, like a 65 satilite, my duster , and my second spotting of the local gen lee..wich made the front page of the local paper today. there were like 6 65 to 67 chevelles, a body style that fails to thrill me and of corse way to many camaros an stangs. in all i would guess there were at least 60 cars. official curise was 7-8 i believe with a show from 6-7 however we had plans at 7 so we crused when only a few were. the good part about that was that at 7 our main street was packed! suprisingly the cops were letting alot go last night, includeing bleach burnouts on main street   ???  i was smelling rubber burn all night. several cars were on slicks  and apparently our cops dont know the difference or didnt care. it was a great time tho.

BigBlockSam

sounds like fun, did you let your bud do a burnout.   :drive:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

chrisII

i would have, but he has seen me do em in it an didnt feel comfortable doing his first one downtown with so many cars and people around..it can get hairy and he isnt really a car guy and had not driven a stick in years. so he was smart about it , cant blame him.