News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Richard Petty question

Started by skeets 66, June 16, 2006, 10:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeets 66

I know Petty drove alot of chargers,,but did he ever drive a 66 or 67 charger ?? just wondered cause I never see a picture of him with one

Brock Samson

I have no idea,.. but he drove for Plymouth, and his '66-67 record shows he drove a winner. My second thought is he'd be too busy.
Maybe he could chime in?.. 
  :apimp:

Drache

I've seen a '66/67 charger painted in Petty colors but I'm not sure it he did or not
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mudhawg

don't think he drove a dodge until '72-73. 

Ghoste

No, Petty never drove a fastback Charger.  At least, not in NASCAR.

chargerboy69

No he did not. He drove for Plymouth. He did not drive for Dodge until 72 or 73. Somewhere in there.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Brock Samson

hemi68charger

Nope,, No Dodges until the '72/'73 season I believe... He wanted to drive the "new" Daytona Charger in 1969, but was obligated to Ford for the entire '69 season. When he came over to Mopar again, Ma Mopar said he's going to be in a Plymouth, hence the birth of the Superbird...... If he would gone to Dodge in '70, there may have never been a Superbird........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

bull

Not many people know about his short stint with this car:

Lightning

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 16, 2006, 01:49:40 PM
Nope,, No Dodges until the '72/'73 season I believe... He wanted to drive the "new" Daytona Charger in 1969, but was obligated to Ford for the entire '69 season. When he came over to Mopar again, Ma Mopar said he's going to be in a Plymouth, hence the birth of the Superbird...... If he would gone to Dodge in '70, there may have never been a Superbird........

Troy

only reason why he went to Ford was because Plymouth didn't have a version of the Daytona.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

TheGhost

He drove a Belvedere in 66 and 67.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

BLACKWOLF

HERE YOU GO! ACTUALLY, HE DROVE SATELLITES AND GTX's .
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

THE CHARGER PUNK

no petty tried 2 go dodge cuz of the new charger500 and he was like 'well wut does the new plymouth look like? and they were like ''same as last year'' so he said '' im goin 2 ford'' PCE-MATT LoL

TheGhost

Quote from: BLACKWOLF on June 16, 2006, 09:59:40 PM
HERE YOU GO! ACTUALLY, HE DROVE SATELLITES AND GTX's .

The 67 car wasn't really a GTX.  It was the previous years car, with some GTX trim added to it, to help promote the new model.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.