News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which would you buy? '99 Charger or '09 Challenger.

Started by 69Charger_440, May 25, 2006, 10:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrope

I've seen both cars; the '99 wins.
The Challenger concept better holds true to it's heritage but is a two-door car on a four-door frame - it's a behemoth.
Those who think the Challenger concept is Chrysler's two-door response to Mustang will be unpleasantly surprised as the car is configured now. As with this picture, the Challenger concept has the right shape and accessories but looks odd when next to the norm ...
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

plum500

Its proportions/size are a bit different to suit the different platform but I think they did a fine job of working on. Thing looks awesome. I tend to agree with the crowds that were hovering around it and drooling.

Not to mention the wheelbase is 4" shorter than other LXs, and the car is also couple inches wider -- as it should be.

It looks different when next to the norm -- because it simply is. It is a modern *version*, not meant to be a duplicate of the exact car. It is exactly what they say it is and what they set out to build from what I can see.

I dunno. I don't understand the dimissal and virtual promise of disappointment offered by some regarding the Challenger.  :shruggy: 

Spike

Charger, the 99 just had a timeless look about it. Great lines, hid the back doors. You could not mistake it for any thing else. That car was all Charger.
The "new" Challenger doesn't break any design ideas, for me personally it is too close to the original Challengers!
This is where the new Camaro beats the Challenger. The GM boys took a little chance on the front and rear design yet staying true to the early Camaro roots.

Smoke20

The Challenger. 2 doors, big motor, 'nuff said.

The 99 charger is waaaaaaaaaaay more visualy appealing than the 06 Charger, as the rear doors are hidden, and the swoopy body lines were like a womans hips. The 99 was not a retro design, but it was a continuation of the model, much more so than the 06. 

The 06 drives great, but looks like ass.
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

chargedup

CaptMarvel

I really liked the 99 concept alot from the wide rear 68-70 type shoulders and deck mounted gas cap to the profile and rear end, but I didnt like the front end at all. On the other hand, the new Challenger prototype is drop dead beautiful from end to end. My pick; The Challenger... :yesnod:

mysil bergsprekken

Quote from: 73chgrSE on May 27, 2006, 08:32:27 AM
Why don't they build this. I don't know who drew it but it kicks ass. Alot closer to a "real charger" imho.

That is a sweet picture, never seen that one before, looks good
69 charger RT

dodge freak

Neither-might look good but the old ones are better & stronger. Well maybe I get a new car when I am 64 and have a bad back, till then its crank windows and raw power for me. Plus the new ones go down in value every year well the old ones go up or stay the same.Think TripleX9 car is what I want , well before it got totalled.

charge-it

They`ll never build the Chally...So your stuck buying a 4 door that is called a Charger... :sick:
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

dodge freak

Not sure about that, think Benz has a few 2 doors, all they have to do is put that "hemi" in it and change the sheet "metal" a little and change the name.. But it still have air bags, plastic everywhere , smog stuff and other stuff I am not going to pay for, so its the oldies for me. Don't be surprise if 10-15 years from now the Charger looks like that 99 concept.

Ghoste

I have a feeling they'll build the Challenger.  I'm pretty negative on a lot of things about DCX after the Charger sedan fiasco but I get a warm fuzzy about the Challenger.