News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Congrats HemiGeno!! Full Blown Article

Started by Chris G., June 15, 2006, 03:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

Wow, no readers ride section for Geno, he goes straight for the big one. Nice truck my man, hope to see you in Carlisle.  :yesnod:

694spdRT

Congrats to Gene!  :2thumbs:

I hope he will still talk to me down at Monster Mopar in September.  ;)  ;D
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Ghoste

And in 1969, do you think if the three vehicles were parked together and you asked someone to pick out the one that will be cool and unique enough in 40 years to warrant a magazine story, that anyone would pick the truck?
Congrats Geno and well deserved!

Blue Pentastar

Congrats on the article and great shots of truck and car. Having seen them in person I can honestly say very much deserved. Hope to see them again soon.

Mike Schrader :2thumbs:
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

Just 6T9 CHGR

Congrats Geno! :cheers: 
As usual I dont get my MCG until 2 weeks after the rest of the world gets it :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

MOPARHOUND!

Congrats.  Cool old truck.  I can only hope my old beast looks that good one day, my father bought it new in 65.  Poly 318 with 2-speed rear axle also, with a wrecker winch type of bed.  Used it at the truck line to pull big diesel engines and transmissions after it's junkyard days.  Still runs, but brakes leak fluid bad.  Swing out fenders sure are handy.

It's a 500 also, don't know the difference between the 500, 600 and 900??
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

41husk

congrats geno, pictures don't do that truck justice.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bull

Wow! Cool article, very cool truck.  I didn't know you were so cool, Gene. :icon_smile_big:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

DC_1

hemi68charger

Opppps.. I didn't see this and started a thread in the Aero forum......  :-\

Troy

Brilliant !!!!!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Daytona R/T SE

Cool Article on two cool vehicles! Congrats,Geno!

Brock Samson

What a nice write up they did! Great Pics too. Congraduations... quite deserving.

Shakey

firefighter3931

Excellent article in MCG...congrats Geno  :rock:

Where do i send my copy to get it autographed  ;D

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Todd Wilson

Wheres the radio antenna at?    :icon_smile_big:

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: MOPARHOUND! on June 15, 2006, 04:34:48 PM
Congrats.  Cool old truck.  I can only hope my old beast looks that good one day, my father bought it new in 65.  Poly 318 with 2-speed rear axle also, with a wrecker winch type of bed.  Used it at the truck line to pull big diesel engines and transmissions after it's junkyard days.  Still runs, but brakes leak fluid bad.  Swing out fenders sure are handy.

It's a 500 also, don't know the difference between the 500, 600 and 900??

C-500

GVW - 23,000lbs
GCW - 34,000lbs

C-600

GVW - 25,500lbs
GCW - 36,000lbs

C-700
GVW - 25,500lbs
GCW - 50,000lbs

Depends on front and rear axles and gear ratios. Clutch sizes go up.

C-700 had big blocks (361 and 413) in later years They also had 5 speeds while the lesser models had 4 speeds.

Bigger tires and more lug nutz. Just a heavier truck as the model # goes up.

The C-900 was a whole lot heavier beast then the 500-700 series. They had tandom rears and diesel options.

The smaller trucks also had Perkins diesels in them also.

The bigger 800 and 900 series trucks also had 2 International (IH) gas engine options. The 478 and the 549 gas engines. These were BIG DOG engines with lots of torque. I have seen a 549 engine and it makes a 440 look like a 273!

Todd

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Lightning

when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

SeattleCharger

Congrats, looks cool with a matching Charger on the bed.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Spike

Charger_Croatia

'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

4402tuff4u

"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

doctorpimp

AWESOME!!!
I like your truck...the car isn't bad either  ;)
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Brock Samson

I'd love to see a 1/18 Scale Model of your rig Gene.  :yesnod:

Charger_Fan

Congrats, Geno! :cheers:

If I recall, didn't you say that the MCG guys were looking over your rig at Carlisle last year? They must be a bit back-logged around there. ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Steve P.

Very cool...   I was just showing my wife a pic. on the site of your rig inside your shop a week or so ago. Today I open the mailbox and flip to none other than your big red rig and hemi beast. I showed the wife and said, (DIDN'T I TELL YOU THIS SHOULD BE IN A CENTER FOLD).......   Very cool.... :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

bull

So where is this guy we're all heaping praise upon?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemigeno

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on June 16, 2006, 03:41:41 PM
Quote from: bull on June 16, 2006, 03:21:57 PM

Vacation...... :thumbs:

Yup, just got back tonight in fact (came back under protest, of course).

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and thanks especially to Chris G. (Burnt?) for posting the article!!  I hadn't seen it either until I read this post.  Randy & Rob wrote it up in stellar fashion though, and they made my nightmare of a project look/sound pretty neat.  I'm really glad that everyone has enjoyed looking at the truck though.  Sorta makes all the headaches worthwhile.

I had been wondering if it would end up in MCG ever since last year's Nats, when Rob did the photo shoot.  I had recently figured they had just decided to leave it out.  Glad I was wrong about that one!

It's pretty cool to see all the pictures and story in a major mag like that - it's definitely a first for me.  And Todd, don't think I missed that crack about the antenna...  Some truck expert you are - can't even help a guy out with a simple part after how many years??  ;)

Thanks again, guys!

Geno

Todd Wilson

Quote from: hemigeno on June 18, 2006, 12:45:32 AM

And Todd, don't think I missed that crack about the antenna...  Some truck expert you are - can't even help a guy out with a simple part after how many years??  ;)

Thanks again, guys!

Geno

HAHAHAHA!   I am looking for one every time I am around old trucks anywhere. I'll find you one for 20$ one of these days!

todd

Lowprofile

Great job on the truck Geno!  When my Freightliner is ready for a resto,I'll send it to you!  :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Shakey

Quote from: hemigeno on June 18, 2006, 12:45:32 AM

Yup, just got back tonight in fact (came back under protest, of course).

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and thanks especially to Chris G. (Burnt?) for posting the article!!  I hadn't seen it either until I read this post.  Randy & Rob wrote it up in stellar fashion though, and they made my nightmare of a project look/sound pretty neat.  I'm really glad that everyone has enjoyed looking at the truck though.  Sorta makes all the headaches worthwhile.

I had been wondering if it would end up in MCG ever since last year's Nats, when Rob did the photo shoot.  I had recently figured they had just decided to leave it out.  Glad I was wrong about that one!

It's pretty cool to see all the pictures and story in a major mag like that - it's definitely a first for me.  And Todd, don't think I missed that crack about the antenna...  Some truck expert you are - can't even help a guy out with a simple part after how many years??  ;)

Thanks again, guys!

Geno

QuoteSorta makes all the headaches worthwhile.

Do you mean the ones you got while restoring it or the ones you get while driving it?   :D