News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hello, new here. Have a question...

Started by Rack, June 15, 2006, 02:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rack

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on June 17, 2006, 08:03:01 PM
I'm  in Corpus Christi...what part of Texas are you in???

I'm just east of you in Laredo. I have 2 or 3 friends over there in CC. Small world.

TylerCharger69

Yep...you're pretty close!!!   I was going to ask you...on those rims.....If you decide to part with them...I'd be interested in the 15" ones on the back.   I think the front ones are 14"  at least from what I can read on the tire in the pic.  I want a matching set though  so I'd have to locate 2 more 15" rims......keep me posted on that

Rack

Quote from: Rack on June 17, 2006, 10:27:27 PM
Quote from: TylerCharger69 on June 17, 2006, 08:03:01 PM
I'm  in Corpus Christi...what part of Texas are you in???

I'm just east of you in Laredo. I have 2 or 3 friends over there in CC. Small world.

Actually that should say West, not east. lol

QuoteYep...you're pretty close!!!   I was going to ask you...on those rims.....If you decide to part with them...I'd be interested in the 15" ones on the back.   I think the front ones are 14"  at least from what I can read on the tire in the pic.  I want a matching set though  so I'd have to locate 2 more 15" rims......keep me posted on that

I'll ask that other guy if he still wants him. You probably know him, he also has a General Lee. Not a lot of people in south Texas who have a General Lee. lol

I think I'm just gonna go ahead and start taking the car apart. The mediator didn't get anything done (and gave up after less then a week). I seriously doubt Ebay will get anything done so I'll just have to swallow my pride and take what I got. I'm still gonna put a 440 in though! I'll have the engine tested/looked at and then I'll sell it.

TylerCharger69

well...ya know....it is an XS car...so it is an rt.....  engine was switched out sometime in life....but it's a solid car....so you really  didnt lose...either way you look at it.   just leave him negative feedback on the auction

Rack

Yeah I'll probably end up doing that. I'm just gonna see what Ebay says after they get the estimates from the mechanics. After they tell me they can't do anything about it (and they will tell me that) I'll go ahead and leave him negative feedback.

Ah what the hell, I'm gonna leave him negative feedback right now. Screw it.

Edit: Oh well, it was too late to leave him feedback. Real nice system you have there, Ebay.

Wakko

I'd at least get the 500 bucks from him.  I can't believe you paid the mediator and they closed the case?  I'd demand a refund.  That's utterly absurd.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

TylerCharger69

You should still be able to leave feedback.   There is no time limit to do that.   I buy on Ebay regularly,  and fortunately...I haven't had any problems yet.  I'd contact Ebay again.   They have an online deal where you talk to an actual person there over the internet.  But....you should still be able to leave feedback.  I know I bought some parts from an individual, and it took him two months to leave mine.

Wakko

There's a 90 day time limit.  I see you were successful in leaving feedback.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

TylerCharger69

Cool...glad you got to kick him in square in the "feedbacks"....lol

Rack

That's strange. It told me it couldn't leave feedback cuz the item was no longer in their database.

Glad it worked.

Rack

Man I'm such an idiot. I've been so preoccupied with getting this engine situation straightened out that I completely forgot...

He hasn't supplied me with the title yet! It may not help me get a partial refund, but it could help me get all my money back.

dodge freak

How -no why would you turn money over without the title? I know with Ebay you should trust people but I could never turn over $9500 without seeing the car and getting the title for it. Man , thats alot of cash for me. I guess the people you went to school with were very honest, cause I learned in high school people will try anything to rip you off. All you can do now is wait and hope he comes up with it. Why did you leave feedback he won't like, without the title, now hes pissed and wants to piss you off. Good luck to you sounds like you need some.

Rack

Quote from: dodge freak on June 18, 2006, 04:36:19 PM
How -no why would you turn money over without the title? I know with Ebay you should trust people but I could never turn over $9500 without seeing the car and getting the title for it. Man , thats alot of cash for me. I guess the people you went to school with were very honest, cause I learned in high school people will try anything to rip you off. All you can do now is wait and hope he comes up with it. Why did you leave feedback he won't like, without the title, now hes pissed and wants to piss you off. Good luck to you sounds like you need some.

What school I went to and what they taught is irrelevant. I didn't have the extra cash laying around to take a 1500 mile trip to Fresno to see the car and title. If I wanted the car, I had no choice but to trust that he'd supply me with the title. It was a mistake. It won't be my last mistake. I'm human, and humans tend to do that... make mistakes.

It really doesn't matter if he's pissed. He hadn't given me the title yet anyway. I don't think negative feedback is gonna make a difference. I have a means to have a law enforcement officer pay him a visit. If that doesn't get him to send me the title then I'll take legal action.

By the way, he told me he would put the title in the car when he sent it. Naive? Maybe, but it's not like I had a choice if I wanted the car. Next time I guess I'll just wait for a car to fall in my lap locally.

TylerCharger69

The title issue sucks.   I went through a lost title extravaganza when I bought a car without one.  (it was lost)   I had to pay  $115.00 for the application.....another  almost $200.00   for the processing  (title company was out of state) It took almost 6 months before the "bonded" title cleared.....then  another almost $60.00 for the tags and stickers.    Plus  I spent  $25.00  for each month I had to get a temporary paper tag on the car until  the title cleared....It's a pain in the arse...and it costs out the arse.......but you can get one.   You  obviously have plenty of proof  that you bought the car.....Ebay reciepts are good things to have when that happens.

Rack

Hopefully the seller will at least send the title. If not, he'll have a couple of badges knocking on his door.

I'm hoping I can use the title problem to my advantage.

8WHEELER

I am hoping ''thinking'' he will send the title, I don't think he will think he can get away with that one.
383 VS 440, OOPS he made a mistake, the ''NO'' title would drop the world on him.................

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Rack

Quote from: 8WHEELER on June 19, 2006, 12:21:39 AM
I am hoping ''thinking'' he will send the title, I don't think he will think he can get away with that one.
383 VS 440, OOPS he made a mistake, the ''NO'' title would drop the world on him.................

Dan

Yeah I'm thinking Ebay might actually do something about the no title deal.

Either way, I'm gonna get started on the car asap. As soon as I get my air compressor set up going, I'm gonna get to work. In fact, tomorrow I'm gonna empty out all the fluids (the only thing I can do right now). Hopefully I'll be able to begin dismantling the car by wednesday.

Wakko

Keep us informed.  I think you've learned alot so far and hopefully helped someone else reading this thread to not make similar mistakes. 
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Rack

Quote from: Wakko on June 20, 2006, 02:19:17 AM
Keep us informed.  I think you've learned alot so far and hopefully helped someone else reading this thread to not make similar mistakes. 

Yeah I always seem to learn things the hard way.

Let's hope I don't go through fifteen '68 chargers before I figure out how to restore one.  ;D

I did talk to a guy from Auction Insurance Agency today. He seemed pretty concerned about the no title situation. He did say he'd still try and talk the seller into refunding some of my money. Hopefully I get the title and a little money back.

694spdRT

I wouldn't do anything to the car until you have the title issue resolved. If for some reason he ends up getting the car back and you have modified it or altered it there would be issues to deal with on your end. Mediation may be difficult also if you start working on the car prior to settling your differences.

It might pay to wait until the dust settles before jumping into it IMO.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Rack

Quote from: 694spdRT on June 20, 2006, 11:59:31 AM
I wouldn't do anything to the car until you have the title issue resolved. If for some reason he ends up getting the car back and you have modified it or altered it there would be issues to deal with on your end. Mediation may be difficult also if you start working on the car prior to settling your differences.

It might pay to wait until the dust settles before jumping into it IMO.

YEah you're probably right, but it's hard to hold back. I still have to get all the "prep" work done before I can even start working on it.

I will have to replace the left front wheel/tire cuz it keeps going flat. I don't want to have to air it up every few hours and I don't want it to sit on the rim either.

694spdRT

I just thought it might be in your best interest to hold off. For example, if you start improving the car you will have additional dollars invested in a car you don't have legal title too. I realize you paid for the car and have possession but, legal ownership and the ability to register it would ultimately have to be resolved in court if he does not provide a title to you.

I hope it does not come to that and you can work things out with him. Good luck.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

68chargerboy

if the trans is an original 440/426 trans the castings numbers on the side would be diffrent from that of a non r/t car.  im not sure of the correct numbers off the top of my head but i will look through my files for you.

Zach

Rack

Quote from: 68chargerboy on June 20, 2006, 04:13:06 PM
if the trans is an original 440/426 trans the castings numbers on the side would be diffrent from that of a non r/t car.  im not sure of the correct numbers off the top of my head but i will look through my files for you.

Zach

Thanks, Chargerboy.

I tried looking for the casting number on the trans but couldn't find it. Is it on the top, bottom, drivers side, passenger side, etc...? I just bought some jack stands so it'll be easier for me to get under the car and look around then it was before.

68chargerboy

it should be in the middle on the passenger side but i may be mistaken.  also i will talk to my friend tommaro to get the correct numbers for you, i seemed to have lost my sheet with that information.

Zach