News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Designing a Legend: Second Gen. Article.

Started by Brock Samson, June 15, 2006, 12:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

I finally found the High Performance Mopar Magazine that contains the article of intrest to this Site.
Thanks to Raffi Minasian the author and of course... Richard Sias.   :2thumbs:

Enjoy!

Brock Samson

Check out the mid-engine charger III!  :o

Brock Samson

This inovative design sketch and model were done a few years prior to the Mercedes C-111

http://images.google.com/images?q=mercedes+C-111&btnG=Search&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=

which came out in 1970. The similarities are remarkable. Remember Chrysler was building and testing the Experamental Turbine Cars with Ghia at the time. Hummm,... :scratchchin:
   Translated to production the engine was moved forward which balanced the design.

plum500

Wow. Looking at that drawing top down, you can even see first gen in the back of that. Where the 2nd came from. Where the Charger III concept came from...and certainly the emphasized curves of the 3rd gen.

cool440

That's amazing it looks like something that would come out today.

69 Charger (R/T clone), 440 (60 over bore) edelbrock performer RPM top end, balanced, nothing second rate) over 500hp, new drive train, 727 rebuild manual shift reverse valve train, TTI headers and exhaust, painless wiring, autometer phantom gauges.  My true garage resto! Very Proud of her.

Brock Samson

more...
the full size clay looks like a 1968 Torino fastback to me..

Kabs' 19678970 is gonna look like this when he's done.   :icon_smile_wink:

Brock Samson

ya' know?..
on that '64 half a model against the mirror photo?...
look at the front wheel house again and i'm gonna say 1970 Sting Ray... Astrovette even... :scope:
notice the Charger also uses the squared, flat upperwheel well to good advantage.

When you think they went from that small model to the production decision in a year and a half, and how close it was to being canned, it's quite simply amazing the car was ever produced at all.

plum500

Wonder what a front end like that top orange sketch would look like on the '99 concept. You can certainly see the big rear to front fender shape in the 1/10 model that was carried forward there as well.

Ghoste

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Brock Samson

i'm bumpin this in case ya missed it..  ;)

I can see a real relationship to the original '64 concept...

Ghoste

I agree.  The blackout makes it even more apparent.