News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Arrgghh need to vent....

Started by Judhudson, June 10, 2006, 10:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judhudson

Ever have that feeling where you know someone made a mistake, and yet your morals won't let you get mad at them since they are human - yet you're mad inside?  :flame:

I took my Charger to Circuit City today to get a stereo and 4 speakers installed.  $430 bucks.  Okay, we'll that's cool I guess.  Took 3 hours, come back later to see that my drivers side lower door panel has two speakers holes.  I'm saying "WTF?"  I had them put a speaker in the dash, speaker in the back (only one since the defogger takes up the other hole) and one on each side of the door.  Well, it turns out that the guy wasn't paying any attention to the drivers side and cut on the wrong side.  So I took some paste and put the cut-out back in for the meantime.

I was ticked off, no doubt about it; but on the other hand - I know people make mistakes, and that the guy was like "sorry".  To me, I don't think he gave a rats a$$ but the manager did.  I had a chat with the manager, and luckily I had Stephen's Performance phone number with me.  They're going to give him a call and make a purchase.  Oh, they're gonna love it when they see how much he's going to charge for one!

Anyways, that's pretty much it.  Stuck with a bad door panel, and I have a huge Mopar show this weekend.  I hope it comes on time.   Although the radio and speakers seemed to turn out okay.

Silver R/T

that sucks, hope you get it fixed soon
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

nh_mopar_fan

wow, does that suck.

I have heard so many horror stories about the installation guys at Best Buy and Circuit City.

Trained chimps could do just as good a job.

bluesfool

Yeah, we all make mistakes so I don't usually fly off the handle; it's true about how that saying goes "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". Now, if the other party isn't willing to uphold their responsibility of correcting their mistake, that's obviously a different story. It sounds like the manager is willing though...just make sure they follow thru with getting the panel! This is just one more reason why I prefer to do everything I can myself even though I make ALL KINDS of mistakes  :-\

Nacho-RT74

that's the moment when I said... WHAT THE HELL WAS THE GUY THINKING INSTALLING TWO SPEAKERS ON SAME SIDE ? IS THAT SOME LOGICAL ? I mean, you don't need either owner intructions on that, is just LOGICAL stuff.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

This is one reason why I tr my best to do my own work.  No one gives a crap anymore.

A few weeks ago my wife got a flat on her new Honda Odyssey (flame suit on but the van runs circles around the Caravan)
I took the tire alone (refuse to have them take it off & run the chance of stripping lugs etc) to my local "repair shop"

Punk kid takes the tire & jokingly rolls the flat tire to his friend saying "heres a job for you jackass"

Now anyone whith half a noggin would realise that a tire that has no air does not roll as far or true as a tire full of air......the tire falls short of his firend's awaiting paws and falls flat on the rim.......on the outside side putting a nice 3" scuff & gash in the clear coat of the aluminum :mad:

Long story short, I got that pain in my stomach like I just got grazed in the family jewels, looked at the punk & wanted to strangle him....he knew it too and came over aplogizing till he was blue in the face......what are you going to do?

Some say "ahh its only a scuff"   I say "F- that take some pride in your work"

Rant off...........

Moral of the story....fix your own flats! :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Judhudson

I wish I could fix them, but the mathematical equation is this:

ME + ELECTRICAL WORK = FIRE

I did find a new problem today.  I tried rolling down my drivers side window today and it got stuck halfway.  So I popped off the doorpanel to see what was wrong.  It was getting snagged on my mirror cable.  I thought "This shouldn't happen, it should be clipped in their holes".  So I checked them.  One hole had the clip, and then the one right by the door hinges had speaker wires coming out.  Those $#&^* took out the clip so they could run their wires instead of making a new hole!

I just don't get it :(