News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new job, new shell,and motivated as all hell

Started by The Ghoul, June 10, 2006, 11:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghoul

Well I have been gone for quite a while. In that time my work screwed me over and I quit. Then I got a new job delivering parts for a local grass roots parts store. Great job, I love it. The boss is great, real laid back easy going and best of all has a 73 charger SE !
So all day I deliver parts and think about my charger (especially after I learned of the discount)!!
Soooo, needless to say I haven't gotten my first check yet and I already got a 4-speed hump and a new rocker panel!

Oh, and did I mention I GOT A NEW SHELL!!
And its clean like you wouldn't believe.
It is a small block, column auto, roll down rear ¼ window full vinyl top car.
I got the 4-speed hump tacked in already, and a big block inner fender.

The shell does have some issues. It looks like it rear ended some one at one time, so the inner fender and core support are a little bent. It rusted through in 2 of the corners of the trunk jamb, the lower rear quarter has a golf ball size rust hole in it, it looks like some one tried to jack it up by the rocker, and the rear quarter panels have a lot of dents and dings to em.

Man, I can't believe how rust free this thing is. The floors are very solid, and the rear bumper backing metal has NO rust on it. 

Here are some pics.

The Ghoul

more pics of the shell

The Ghoul

and here is my progress so far.
I am working 6 days a week 10 hours a day so I don't get too much time to work on it but I am happy with my pace so far.
I have tomorrow off to work on it, unfortunately I spent the last of my money on flap disks and ran out of mig wire tonight :( . Guess I will have to play around with powder coating till Monday, when I get paid.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

blackcharger

glad you love your new job, it really sucks when you hate your work. 6 10s kinda sucks, but I work 21 turns. And that reallly messes things up at times.

The Ghoul

Quote from: blackcharger on June 11, 2006, 04:18:09 AM
glad you love your new job, it really sucks when you hate your work. 6 10s kinda sucks, but I work 21 turns. And that reallly messes things up at times.

Yeah its rough, but the 20 hours of time and a half will be nice.

ChargerBill

Dang, you're moving along there. Your progress is motivating - if it weren't nearly midnight right now I'd be tempted to go out into the garage and start grinding away....
Life is a highway...

greenpigs

Cool, now you have two cars to drain your wallet.

I could use the energy I had at 24 again.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

The Ghoul

Quote from: greenpigs on June 12, 2006, 04:27:24 AM
Cool, now you have two cars to drain your wallet.

[color]

I have always had the impreza and the 70 charger. LOL
Nope the old shell, dash, and title have already been shipped out. Don't know / don't care what happens to em. All I know is I snagged the inner fender, and the rear ¼ window plug brackets before it went and made sure the title specified that it was a bare shell. 

P.S. Today delivering parts to a hot rod shop I saw up on the racks a MINT original 68 barracuda race car. It was just awesome. I love this job!

The Ghoul

funny how so much changes and so much stays the same.
I have yet another new job.
About 4 months old now.
I have been working 12 hour days 5 days a week and 6 hours on Saturday.
I am starting to get the subaru back together.
just finished the exterior

My GF adopted a puppy that is so ugly he is cute (Boston terrier)

I got a new niece

The bike didn't stay stock

and I still have yet to get any work done on the stinking charger!!!

I have however gotten allot better about organizing my time (seeing how as I have so little of it now)
so the decision was made,
this summer I am going to bust my ars to put the subaru back together, and once that is done, its on to the charger.
I would like to get the body work done by winter so I can start plugging away at the suspension.

mikesbbody

great to have you back! glad to hear you loving your new job best of luck with your charger.

hemi68charger

Keep at it.. Let us know how it all goes......   :2thumbs:

Troy 
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

The70RT

Sounds like you got it going on now.....good deal. I know delivering parts and bullshitting with all the customers who knows what else you might run on to. :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

41husk

great to see you back, and keep up the progress.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

timmy