News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

seat tracks year model interchange

Started by 70daytonaclone, May 29, 2006, 08:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70daytonaclone

Hi all just a easy question I'm sure has been answered before! will 71 seats bolt into stock location on a 68-70 charger? 3rd to 2nd generation? thanks for your time S ???

Ghoste

Not so easy after all.  I had a 69 Coronet once several years ago that had 71 Charger buckets in it.  I THINK (and I can't stress that enough), they bolted right in.  But that was 20 or 25 years ago so I won't be held to that.

purple70rt

Troy

They shouldn't but I don't have a definitive answer. I don't currently have a 3rd gen to measure either.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Blown70

Well I have a 69 Charger and 74 Sitting in my shop guess I could check........ Mr. B5.

Tom

purple70rt

The 3rd gen are longer apart, you can drill new holes and mount them.  I have done that before, but I don't like the way they sit.  Seat bottoms are a little wider than the 70 high backs as well. Guess i needed to elaborate, rather than just answering the question.

Ghoste

Well wider probably explains why my Coronet didn't have a console in it.

purple70rt

you can get a console in ok, to me, in my opinion, it just does'nt look and feel right.  I'm sure there are people who love the diffrent seats, just something you have to try out yourself.

THE CHARGER PUNK

why not just go with 70 seats?, they are basically identical? 71 covers fit 70 seats so if thats the look u want thats the look u can get-MATT