News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine help....

Started by viper r/t, June 10, 2006, 08:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper r/t

Does anybody have any info on a 413 max wedge engine and what would a complete one that's set up four a four speed be worth, it's not alot to go on but I'm going to look at one in the morning and would like to know what I'm getting in tangled with.

Thanks....

Big Lebowski

Most of them had small valves in the heads, it's hard to find pistons for them, but the crank is the same as a 440 if you trash the block some day...
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

694spdRT

A 413 Max Wedge is basically a factory race engine. It is worth a good deal of money if all the original parts are there. Is it a long ram or cross ram engine? Don't confuse it with the standard 413 4bbl though. Those did have the poor heads, etc.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Doc74

rt green

if its a real max wedge the guys that clone factory race cars  have found a new best friend.
third string oil changer

viper r/t

Well here's the deal, I saw the engine and it's not a max wedge, but it's a '55 or '56 Hemi engine. So anybody have any guesses on what one of those is worth. It's mostly complete, but will all need to be rebuilt.

Thanks....

John_Kunkel

'55 or '56 Hemi could be Dodge, DeSoto or Chrysler; value varies depending on which.

Maybe you can pin down the ID here:

http://www.classichemi.com/index1.shtml
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

viper r/t

I found out that it's a dodge red ram 241 hemi engine, those worth anything ???