News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 - Progress (maybe)

Started by tin_soldier, June 05, 2006, 09:08:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tin_soldier

I have not posted much @ the car lately been kind of busy.  But I did some work on it Saturday.  I'll post Pix hopefully tonight. 

Well I was able to turn the motor over which was vey exciting.   :yesnod:

So I took a step in a good direction to take 2 steps back.   :flame:

Since I got the car back in Nov. of last year ther has been this divet on the Passenger Rear Q-pannel which has concerned me.  Well I went at it to see how bad it was.  Well to me it was not a HLPAG bad but NOT good.  It seems as though some one in the past replace the lower rear Q-pannel and did a shotty job.  I found 5/8 thick bondo from the lower Q-pannel riding the rear Fender well all the way fading to the top center fender well.  I should have guess that when I saw that the Trunk Pan Extention on that side was shot. So know I am not sure what to do.  I got most of the bondo off there still is some more but should I replace the lower Q-pannel or that whole Q-pannel section or is it worth fixing what is there?

I know tough to say with no pixs.  Check back later I'll post some tonight.

dodgecharger-fan

I'd say replace only as much as necessary while keeping the cuts simple.

Don't do the whole quarter if it doesn't need it. Especially if the bodylines are there and are nice. Leave those alone.

You can get just lower quarter pieces that include the turn into wheel well.

If the rot goes above those pieces on the wheel well, then you'd need to decide between a full skin or fab the wheel well - depending on your skill level.

Hmm. Another thought just came to me. How's the outer wheel well? If there's that much rot in the quarter, that'd be a concern as well.

tin_soldier

Sorry guys I went to the garage with the camera but no RAM Stick in it so I will have to post them tomorrow instead.  But Did take a chunk of bondo. 

You can see the 2 layers and the thickness

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

tin_soldier

Sorry I am late with the pix but this was the 1st chance i got.  Help would be much apperciated.

THX

tin_soldier

more pix    :o

tin_soldier

last pix