News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cheapest Daytona you'll find on Ebay

Started by Wakko, June 08, 2006, 07:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

To say it needs work is an understatement.  Someone will buy the car for the VIN and paperwork, rebody and sell it for full boat.

**Inactive Link Removed**

**Inactive Link Removed**
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TruckDriver

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 08, 2006, 07:27:03 PM
wow, even the motor is rotted. :'(

WOW! I never seen a motor rotted like that before :o
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69_500

Ah come on now its a father son project, perfect for HLPAG to puchase and sell again after fresh coat of V2 paint.

BigBlackDodge

Geezzz............

That thing looks like it's a 100 years old!

Bought in 70...parked in 76. What the hell happened to it since that time? Fire?

Sad sight to behold.

BBD

69_500

Dave, told the story about the car in the aero section. Sad thing, but still a Daytona.

blackcharger

Quote from: 69_500 on June 08, 2006, 07:43:44 PM
Ah come on now its a father son project, perfect for HLPAG to puchase and sell again after fresh coat of V2 paint.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

ChargerAndy

bsakal

I wouldn't be surprised if HLPAG is one of the bidders, I can see the ad now..."YEEEEEEHHAAAAWWWW!!!! Perfect father/son resto project, We've rescued this beat from becoming one with mother earth!"......
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

terrible one

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on June 08, 2006, 07:44:30 PM
Geezzz............

Bought in 70...parked in 76. What the hell happened to it since that time? Fire?

Sad sight to behold.

BBD

I was thinking fire too, especially because he was talking about heat damage to the wing.

Drache

What the hell happened to it since that time? Fire?

Quotebut the two side pieces need to be repaired due to heat damage

I'd say so....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

NHCharger

"I also have the rear bumper which needs rechroming." ::)
I'm sure Dave has this one flagged for a re-body alert. Good thing  the seller gave the vin #, now we have a public record of it, not just heresay.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: terrible one on June 08, 2006, 08:15:29 PM
Geezzz............

Sad sight to behold.

BBD

I was thinking fire too, especially because he was talking about heat damage to the wing.

Ooooooooooo.............I'm still new to this 'reading' thing! :icon_smile_big:

BBD

Big Lebowski

That thing scares me and I'm fearless. :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Old Moparz

I wouldn't be scared of it, I think it would look awesome parked next to the TV in my living room just the way it sits.  :D

But, someone is buying a title with a set of tags to do something illegal. No doubt in my mind.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

mustanghater

Whats the story on it? and I thought ohio cars were bad.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

bull

Some of the damage to the valve covers and air cleaner look like bullit holes to me.

MassCharger73

Wow, the lower 1/3 of that car is just gone. I wonder if the car comes with a drum of rust that they shovelled up when they got the car.
1973 Charger

2Gunz

From the Ebay post it says the car was in a garage fire.

bull

Any bets on if/how much it sells for more than $10k?

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bull

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 09, 2006, 03:19:31 PM

Passed $12k already. Unbelieveable. :rotz:

BTW, how can you do a rebody on a Daytona without being found out? It would have to be a perfect job to fool those in the know.

Ghoste

When people are paying six figures for clowns,  I mean clones, at B-J then I don't think they'll have any problem stepping up to this car.  Or at least it's VIN.  There are a whole new crop of buyers out there who aren't all that knowledgable but they are flush with cash and they can't wait to wave it around on tv.

nh_mopar_fan

It's not that it's up to 12,000 that is scary, it's that the RESERVE IS NOT MET.

dkn1997

Quote from: bull on June 09, 2006, 07:21:15 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on June 09, 2006, 03:19:31 PM

Passed $12k already. Unbelieveable. :rotz:

BTW, how can you do a rebody on a Daytona without being found out? It would have to be a perfect job to fool those in the know.

actually, the original cars were a bit of a hack job, so recreating that would be possible for a person who knew enough.
RECHRGED