News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mr. Charger, meet Mr. Center Divider. Pics (56k beware)

Started by Wakko, June 08, 2006, 03:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

I went over some curbs in my first '69...  Fun stuff...  My alloys actually Cracked bad...

Lightning

glad to hear you're ok Wakko.

as for the disk brake idea.   Just grab the front spindles off of a M-body, I know there's plenty of them down near your way, a few wander up here with y'all's liscense plates.   Cheap, quick, and easy.  I can also testify they work great too, hauled my car down from 60 really fast.   It might cost you $150 or so for the full conversion.
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Wakko

Which is the M body, the Diplomat?  Is everything plug and play?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Old Moparz

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 09, 2006, 10:32:47 AM

Oldparts, that S.B. looks jacked up in back, why are the leafs showing so much?..

That had to be an awful feeling...
worse would be hurting someone.
peace.

It had huge tires out back, Mickey Thompson I think, & air shocks to keep it from rubbing. It's the "old school" look my friend likes, so that's what he had on it. If I recall, he has the same set up on his lime 6 pack Superbird too. I'm glad he upgraded.

Dave, what tires & such are on your Road Runner?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

472 R/T SE

Glad no one got hurt. 
Operating such an unsafe ride would make you a hypocrite then right?   :stirthepot:
The more I read, the more I thought someone must have stole your account and wrote all that. 

Drache

Holy Crap Wakko! When I read the title I thought you had come across an '06 Charger while your patrol, not your '69!  :o
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Wakko

I wish.  The only damage to the car is the driver's side lower ball joint and the wheels/tires.  I spoke to my LCB and we decided to go ahead and pull the motor on the car.  Considering it needs brakes, steering, suspension, clutch and an oil leak repaired, it's the sensible thing to do it all at once.  Sucks to have to lose the car for a couple months, but in the long run it'll be better off.  We're also going to shoot the lower half of the engine compartment orange in perparation for future GL treatment.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Lightning

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 10, 2006, 11:16:03 AM
Quote from: Wakko on June 09, 2006, 11:05:20 PM
Which is the M body, the Diplomat?  Is everything plug and play?

Yes.

http://www.allpar.com/model/dodge-diplomat.html

not just the Diplomat, the Gran Fury, the 5th Avenue, the Mirada, the later Cordoba.....and I think that's it unless you wanta include the F-bodies
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.