News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mr. Charger, meet Mr. Center Divider. Pics (56k beware)

Started by Wakko, June 08, 2006, 03:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

70charginglizard

Damn. That sucks.
You must be really sick over this one and a bit rattled I'm sure.
Good luck on the repair and I think everyone is right. Time for a brake upgrade. I've got to consider the same on mine.  :yesnod:
70charginglizard

mikepmcs

the rustang in the first pic has me baffled, is that just somone who stopped after the incident.
Real nice car by the way, sorry for the added expense, but now it will be even better looking after you do that front end with all that new shiny stuff :icon_smile_big:
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Wakko

The dude in the Moosewang is my local Charger buddy.  My cell phone was broken and I couldn't call him, but he happened to come by 15 minutes later anyway, so it worked out well.  Car's at his house right now. 
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

bull

At least there wasn't any body damage, and what you did damage is easily replaced. As far as the expense of getting disc brakes, I'd say you can't afford to not get them.

Mike DC

Heck, you're lucky the car didn't get totalled & people hurt or killed.  I mean, ANYTHING involving 65 mph and a curb is serious trouble.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, I guess we've got ourselves a real-world durability test of the new reproduction AR Vectors. 

Sure they bent & cracked, but on the other hand I think it could have been a lot worse.  They didn't crack in half at the bolt circle & fall off the car or anything.

Wakko

I was only doing about 20 when I hit the curb, didn't you see the skidmarks?  :)   The wheels didn't crack either, just bent. 
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Wakko on June 08, 2006, 03:03:42 PM
   Considering I have no seatbelts, if I'd have hit the Benz it would have been alot scarier for me AND the Charger.

[

I thought it was the law to wear your seatbelt? Did you get a ticket for no seatbelts?  I believe that car is supposed to have seatbelts?????

Todd

Wakko

Yes it's the law.  Of course I didn't get a ticket.  And yes it's the law for the car to have seatbelts.  It's also the law to abide by the speed limit.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

BigBlackDodge

Forget the brake upgrade................it's time for an underwear upgrade! :o    :drive:.marks!

Glad ya made it through okay and nobody got hurt. :yesnod:

BBD

dodge freak

When I drive I am very careful next to a graud rail or anything else that is next to me that I can't go. Shoulders are fine you can always drive on it to avoid hitting something even the grass is fine with me. Its sad but sometimes when you are speeding somebody trys to cut you off. They call it road rage now but its always been like that. The law is not much help either but now of days its not as bad with 70 mph speed limits and people know now that there is something like road rage were somebody has a fit if they think somebody else is not driving "right". Its still very hard to proof that somebody cuts you off because they are in a rage. Like I said try to speed only when you have another "lane" you can go in to even if its not really a lane. When there is no place to go drive very careful. Yes sometimes  its not so easy to do. Different roads are better than others. Glad YOU are ok, and the car too but  YOU is the big one. Hope the police did not try to say that you were the one driving " bad". but they don't like hotrods even when they are driving slow.

mikepmcs

I think wakko is law enforcement, that's why he didn't get slammed on the belt thing.  I'm all for it. :METAL:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

dodge freak

I am all for helmets not seat belts but now of days you look like a nut wearing one, even the police don't wear them anymore

rare69

willwood front disc conversion and disc brake booster,master cylinder and new proportion valve.$800.00 probably worth less than your life! or your car.glad every body is ok.

dodge freak

I might be a speed nut but I would not drive a car without disk brakes in front. I don't care if you are a cop or what ever if you kill somebody while you are driving you have big trouble on your hands.

TruckDriver

Geez Ian! First the GN, now the Charger. Least your okay  :pity:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

Ian. I think the SSBC club buy is an ongoing thing and I paid $650 plus shipping for the a156 kit for the front. I know you are low on moolah right now, but just wanted to let you know. After all was said and done last year, putting disc brakes on the car was the best money I spent.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

ChargerHound69

Wow!!

I am glad to hear you are alright Wakko.  That is one to remember for along time.

RallyeMike

I'm glad to hear you or nobody else got hurt. Cars are fixable.

Medicated, speeding, oiled down rear brakes, no seat belts, and you won't drive the car over 70 because the steering is so bad ? Sounds to me like the accident just finally found a place to happen.... 

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Old Moparz

Glad it wasn't any worse Wakko, & I hope you do the upgrades. Last summer when I put my friend's Superbird into the guide rail, it turned out to be mechanical brake failure as well as bias ply tires, air shocks & old technology. He now has new brakes & radials, as well as tossing the air shocks in favor of something more modern. The car was fixed & is almost ready now, but I haven't seen it yet.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 09, 2006, 09:02:23 AM
Glad it wasn't any worse Wakko, & I hope you do the upgrades. Last summer when I put my friend's Superbird into the guide rail, it turned out to be mechanical brake failure as well as bias ply tires, air shocks & old technology. He now has new brakes & radials, as well as tossing the air shocks in favor of something more modern. The car was fixed & is almost ready now, but I haven't seen it yet.

Bob, is he going to let you drive it again? Let me say, do you want to drive it again? :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Wakko

I'd be terrified to drive that car.  :)  Even though it doesn't appear to be your fault, you still feel compelled to feel guilty.   :icon_smile_dead:
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

RT DAVE

Quote from: Wakko on June 08, 2006, 05:29:56 PM
They don't.  It's up to the cops to write 316.610 "unsafe equipment" tickets.   :-\  I think I'm the only one in the county that does.  I saw some dude yesterday driving a jacked up truck with a bulge in one tire so bad it was exposing the steel belts.  He was surprised when I pulled him over for it too.

That's awful ballsy of you given you don't have seatbelts in your own car.    :devil:

Glad to hear you're okay.   Get some seatbelts! 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Old Moparz

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on June 09, 2006, 09:46:47 AM

Bob, is he going to let you drive it again? Let me say, do you want to drive it again? :icon_smile_big:

I never actually discussed it with him, but he does know it wasn't driver error once the mechanic found a caliper problem. Although I can't help feeling I am partially to blame for it since the driver is supposed to have total control at all times. Heavy traffic & an idiot in front of me who decided to stop on the interstate didn't help, but there was plenty of distance between us & him. I would drive it if he's okay with it, but I sure as hell know I'll be more nervous than before.

Quote from: Wakko on June 09, 2006, 09:48:26 AM

I'd be terrified to drive that car.  :)  Even though it doesn't appear to be your fault, you still feel compelled to feel guilty.   :icon_smile_dead:

Very true, but with the new equipment it should be a different car now & safer.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Brock Samson

Whew!..    ;D

>:( you are SO lucky you didn't go head on into oncomming traffic...

A lesson in why brakes are so important, Front Disc Brakes are a fine upgrade for every vehicle... well worth it Whakko! I'll bet you agree...
Drums only have one good stop in them once they heat up, after that, triple your stopping distances... I'd bet discs. improve your stopping power and approx shorten stopping distances (10% though i don't know how to qualify that exactly besides seat of the pants feel).

Oldparts, that S.B. looks jacked up in back, why are the leafs showing so much?..

That had to be an awful feeling...
worse would be hurting someone.
peace.