News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

power tour

Started by itsbacon, June 02, 2006, 11:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsbacon

i'll be lookin for y'all on the power tour. since i have failed to finish my '70 charger, i will be rockin a '71 newport. i will be at the gainsville, perry and columbia stops. see y'all out there

Dodge Don

Post some pix when you get back. How far along are you on your 70 Charger?

itsbacon

hey don, power tour was great! a rocker shaft came loose and broke into four bits, all the lifters on that bank came out of their bores and a push rod got lunched.we chased parts, found a mopar junk yard(right up the street) and got the thing back together on a gas station lot. the ol' 383 performed great after that and laid down some impressive burnouts.
I'm close on the charger but put it on the back burner to get the beater newport ready for power tour. now that the tour is behind me i plan to get back on the 70. come to think of it i did not see the first 70 charger on the three stops i made. how is that charger of yours comin' along?

itsbacon

here are a few pics of cars and friends.

itsbacon

this is the busted rocker shaft. i thought it was all over but we found the parts and got back on the road.

itsbacon

here the newport is puttin on a smoke show. and gettin some attention from the ladies

itsbacon

here is a shot of our crew. we are standing by a '65 ford squad car owned by one of the dudes. the newport could not get around the ford this time but with more carb and more gear i think i can take it. there is never a cop around when you need one.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722