News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Road Runner got Rear Ended Fri...

Started by Brock Samson, June 05, 2006, 07:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Got rear ended in the Runner Fri... U.S. 101 headed south, just past the the airport...

I'm stopped in stop 'n go traffic,..

I hear this Screech.. BAM!..
then another BAM!.. then Another BAM!
Then i realize it's right behind me and not in another lane as i was hopeing...  :o so then I got hit... BLAM!
Although i was moved a couple feet forward i didn't make contact with the cars in front of me.
I was hoping there was no damage but again i was incorrect,.. the Runners' rear valance is scooped on the drivers side and the bumper was pranged by the Corrolla behind me,.. the driver (a Sec. with the S.F.D.A.s' office). was taken away by ambulance,.. she was hit by a scion where the air baggs went off stunning the two occupents who were run into by a Ford Focus driven by a young woman with a child neither of whom wasn't apparently hurt...
I thought I was fine at the time but i have since definitly noticed a twinge in my left shouder blade...  :-[ I'm taking advil but I'm also  gonna have to pursue this with my insurance company... sigh,..
  sheeese...  :-\

mikepmcs

Dave,
That really stinks :'(
Sorry to hear about the car and all those people getting hurt.  Get yourself checked out bud, did you list that in the police report that you were injured.  Not saying that you're gonna sue anybody but those darn insurance comp's can start fighting about the medical bill and stuff.
Sorry again!
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Shakey

Hope your feeling better soon Strat.

Don't wory about the 'Runner - I know you got lots of money to fix it.   :thumbs:

Brock Samson

im hopin i can shrug this off inna little bit...  :-\

Lowprofile

Ah, the life of a daily driver. :'(  Take care of yourself,bro. We'll help ya find parts for your 'Bird!   :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Brock Samson

i managed to make it to the Mopar Ally show in Fremont Sunday and although I've been to this show five or six times in the last 16 years, (since it's inception) I made a newbie, bone head move and entered my Road Runner in the very crowded daily driver Catagory,...
silly me, I should'a entered the 71 up Plymouth B-body class where there were only three other R.Rs...
so not only was i up against 25 or so decent cars of every discription (a '56 Belvader won 1st.) it was waaaay up on the upper parking lot, far from any shade or the main tent, meanwhile - the '71 plymouths class was in the shade infront of the main tent where all the action was...
I won a shirt and a road atlas in the raffle, but was far from my car nearly the entire show... so i only spoke with a few folks about my car.. and got a little feed back but most were quite impressed with the deal i made for the car as well as the car it's self,..
over at the vendors got an antenna and some plastic lenses i needed and worked out a soon to be trade with the magazine/picture vendor to trade some cherry R.R and '69 Charger materials for a '94 viper press kit in my collection..
can you belive they wanted $69.00 for a new set of reboped '69 side marker reflectors!
overall a great day, my favorite of the show among many, was a perfect ivory white first Year Chrysler 300.

Old Moparz

That sucks Dave, but glad you're okay & that the car wasn't too badly damaged. It's sad that so many people on the road don't pay attention to what's going on, & that it's too easy to get a driver's license. Of all the dumb things I've ever been guilty of, I can happily say I've always been very cautious behind the wheel. My cars & trucks have been hit in the rear quite a bit, & have had enough.

I think the next nimrod that hits the back of me may have a bounty put on their head.   ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

bull

MOPARHOUND!

Bummer. 

And you were so hyped up about getting the car, and now this. 

Hope it goes back together fast, getting you cruising again.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

NHCharger

That suxs. Glad no one was seriously injured.  Hopefully you can get that back bumper fixed, I think that was a one year only deal.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Chris G.

Start, sucks about the car. Doesn't sound too bad though.

ps- Who took the pic of the 300 at the show?

Brock Samson

:-\ naw it ain't all that bad it's just weird that in a totally stopped bottenecked traffic jam some chick would ram into three other cars...  :flame: incl. my straight, cherry sweetheart,.. 

the pic is from the show two years prior, on mopar alley's web page,.
I actually took lostsa' pics with my NEW Digital 61 Meg. Casio CAMARA, but i haven't had time to figgure out how to download em yet into the puter,.. i tryied to load the disc the camara came with but an error messege came up..  :icon_smile_angry: So i will eventually get it down but, i have been really busy with a million other things recently,..  :yesnod:
One Day.. ONE DAY!   :icon_smile_dead:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/EXZ60/EXZ60A.HTM

TheGhost

Blech....  Things like this are what worry me the most.  I've been lucky so far.

Sorry to hear this, strat.

Of course, since the car is damaged, it's probably no good anymore. ;)  I'll take it off of your hands, free of charge even. ;D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Sublime/Sixpack

Unfortunately that crap does happen. Glad it wasn't worse. Sounds as though maybe you kept some distance between your car and the car in front of you. Wish more people would do that when they're in traffic.
Good luck with getting your car repaired.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Brock Samson

o.k. this is a test...
prolly tell me it's too big.. :yesnod:
sure enuff..
i can never find the resize icon...  :flame:

how ya do that?  ???

mikepmcs

Dave
What photo program you running?
You should be able to open the pic, fully open it, then in the task bar above next to file, edit, etc....  there should be the word image.  click on that and the dropdown should have a rezize option then just punch in the numbers like 800x600.
try that
nothing showed up above.
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

O.K. Mr Smarty Pants..  ;D
seems now my special photo edit tools need to be bought on line...
they want a credit card number...

ok so what happened is when i loaded the camara pics on the puter, their kodak program locked all the edit features of the properties... or something...
i can tseem to copy anything to another file or whatever either...so i got 400 plus photos and can't link or resize a damn thing... i seem to be able to crop a top left hand corner though.. ?!  :-\

Neal_J

Sorry to hear about your sweetheart.

Neal

mikepmcs

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 09, 2006, 02:04:34 PM
O.K. Mr Smarty Pants..  ;D
seems now my special photo edit tools need to be bought on line...
they want a credit card number...

dave can you send me the pic via email??
RMDracing@adelphia.net

didn't some photo software come with your cam?
you should already have a photo edit program on your computer......
stop don't buy anything yet!!!

Brock Samson

ok thanks!  ;D
400 phots commin at ya!
..jokeing

mikepmcs

Dave's bird and Sanford and Son's truck :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

73ChargerSE

I daily drive a truck like that, only with a flatbed

Neal_J

What's with the custom duct tape strobe stripes on the quarters??

Inquiring minds.... :icon_smile_question:

NJ across the Bay