News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anecdote with Police interceptor

Started by Charger_Croatia, June 05, 2006, 04:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Croatia

My college was on trip few days ago. After he got back he told me about one "situation" with local police interceptor on highway.

He was in a hurry so he was driving on left lane with certain speed over the limit (82 mph is allowed, and he was 95 mph). While passing by few cars suddenly he noticed in the right lane Police interceptor with flashing lights "FOLLOW ME". What he could do, he put brakes on and pull behind Police car. After few miles interceptor made pull aside on rest station and my college just followed him.
After stopping an officer approach his car and asked: "Do you want a ticket sir?"
My college replied: "No I don't . If possible I would like to pass that ticket"
Officer replied: "Than why you jumped behind me? I could loose that car pursuing me, that driver could escape easily. You were just interfering my job"

And my college left without a ticket.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

bull

No offense with the language barrier and all but I didn't understand much of what you wrote. By college do you mean "colleague" maybe? And someone else was persuing the cop?

Arthu®

I think his friend thought he was being pulled over but instead the other car now behind him was being pulled over.
Striving for world domination since 1986

bull

I've never heard of or seen cop cars with "follow me" signs on the back of their cars. Here in the states they just pull in behind you and turn on the lights.

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: 68-70 Charger on June 05, 2006, 03:57:24 PM
I think his friend thought he was being pulled over but instead the other car now behind him was being pulled over.

I apologize for mistakes on language  :shruggy: This is correct, thanks for help 68-70.

Bull, cop interceptors here have flash lights and additional screen behind rear window where they put additional info (like FOLLOW ME). These new local interceptors are looking like normal cars from the outside, have camera inside and civil plates so you don't know who is following you until it is too late. After they get you, than they jump in front of you and put these light on.

B5 Charger

Doesn't sound very safe to me.  I wouldn't want to be in front of somebody I was pulling over.  You never know they could have just robbed a bank or be a wanted murderer.  It seems like bad officer safety.   :Twocents:

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: B5 Charger on June 06, 2006, 10:34:14 AM
Doesn't sound very safe to me.  I wouldn't want to be in front of somebody I was pulling over.  You never know they could have just robbed a bank or be a wanted murderer.  It seems like bad officer safety.   :Twocents:

Yeah, you're right. Anyway this is the way how interceptors are working here. I'm not sure about other European countries, I know that few of them have the same principle of using such cars.

Arthu®

Yep they pull you over like that here as well...

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986