News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

old trucks

Started by lloyd3, August 27, 2024, 11:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

lloyd3

And then later in September, when I got up to northern Minnesota, I found that my inherited '97 F-150 4x4 was still as dependable as ever.  I suspect that it will be running fine, long after my later (2001) Dodge Ram 4x4 is all done.

These old Fords are pretty impressive.

John_Kunkel

Every generation sees "old" in a different light. Those trucks aren't old to me.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Kern Dog

It amazes me that my 2007 truck is now almost 18 model years old. I still love the thing.
I have never been drawn to a 4 door truck.

2007 Ram dbgnsri.jpg

Even being lowered, I've towed with it, hauled stuff to the dump, driven over 400,000 miles with it and will continue to drive it.

RallyeMike

Everyone should have an old beater truck. That's what you drive over to another guy's house when negotiating to buy his abandoned project car. You don't show up in your 24 Ram 3500.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Mytur Binsdirti

John_Kunkel

Can't speak for all of them, but a lot of those old trucks with the tank behind the seat have very limited leg room. I'm not that tall but I can't drive most of them.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Kern Dog

The Dodge trucks of 72 and up also had the in cab gas tanks. I'm 5'10" and I fit fine. I am more comfortable in my newer truck though...You can fit 5 gallon buckets behind the seat of these trucks...

SRT 10 D.jpg

I do dig the classic vibes of the Power Wagon....

NOS 18.JPG