News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Head/Valve job suggestions

Started by AKcharger, August 18, 2024, 01:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Good day guys

OK my "stealth" heads are coming off and I'm going with some stock 915's The set I'm getting is a bare set no valves. The last time I did any heads was 2008! any suggestions as I have a shop put them together?
in addition, the stealth heads are "supposed" to be patterned off 915's...could I just swap all the valves and hardware over?

Thanks in advance!

metallicareload99

I would send em up to Dwyane Porter in VT. I don't know if he does iron heads or not though :shruggy: 
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

b5blue

Check the size of each component, be certain the valve guides are 100% and you should be good to go.  :scratchchin:   I found this it may help as 915's have 2 exhaust sizes.  https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/mopar-big-block-915-heads/

chargerbr549

If your 915 heads are untouched than "No" on the swapping of valves and spring setup.
915's    have 2.08/1.74 intake and exhaust valve sizes and 3/8 valve stems.
Stealths have 2.14/1.81 intake and exhaust valve sizes and 11/32 valve stems.

915's    have an as cast spring locater setup for single springs
Stealths have a seperate spring base or spring locator setup that can be interchanged for different spring setups.

The 915's can be converted to use most of the same parts as the stealths but the costs might be close to buying new aluminum heads.

AKcharger

Yeah I'm going to do them completely separate. BTW heads arrived, look great!