News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Not sure what to think about this....

Started by Drache, August 23, 2024, 09:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Seen this on facebook and although I am a Charger Fan and think they are perfect... a part of me likes the amount of customization this is going to take.  :shruggy:

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Kern Dog

The body gaps look great.
Don't low ball the guy. He will surely say I know what I got.

:smilielol:

70 sublime

It looks neat but in the end will be a lot more work to get it as far as painted
And when it is all done with the extra into it they will think it will be worth more than the original but I think those kind of mods might only be worth as much as a good original set up is
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

John_Kunkel

Another case of a good concept foiled by a poor execution.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

hemi-hampton

if you could get all the gaps right & fitting tight I don't think it would look to bad. If I was retired with time & money I would do it, but, no time or money. :brickwall:

Kern Dog

That side marker light patch panel is a nice touch. Ray Charles can barely tell it isn't original.
The bodylines don't match, The Plymouth fenders on a Dodge are suspect too.
I'll admit, the front end design is a whole lot better than a 73 Charger but the rest of the work is a junkyard and moonshine effort.

Mike DC

If the whole thing was executed well . . . it would still look a notch worse than a stock 71 Cuda. 

moparguy01

The dude made a post on Facebook. He built it with left over crap parts on the cheap because he could.

Personally, I dig it. I just wish he went the whole way and made the front clip fit up like it should. If he did that it'd be cool.

Kern Dog

I'm not against juggling around factory parts to make something that the factory never did IF the bodylines match up.
I remember seeing a Pontiac front end on an 80s Chevy El Camino. Everything lined up, it looked like it could have been built that way. In 2008 I put a 68 Dart front end on a 73 Dart Sport. I've seen Dart/Demon front end on a Duster. Those bodylines match up so they look like they could have been built that way too.
This car is another abortion.....

WTF Duster.jpg

It is a mess no matter what angle you look at it.

moparguy01

Yea, that is a mess Kern. Oof.

Another less horrible car that I still hate is the 50s mercury front ends of the 80s and 90s ford thunderbird. Even when they are done nicely, damn they are ugly.

hemi-hampton

how about a old corvette on new corvette?
Corvette.JPGCorvetteside.JPG

lloyd3

moparguy01

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 25, 2024, 12:58:09 AMhow about a old corvette on new corvette?

I'm don't hate that, but it looks like it's well done from just those pictures. I'd like to see it when it's done.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: moparguy01 on August 25, 2024, 03:13:58 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 25, 2024, 12:58:09 AMhow about a old corvette on new corvette?

I'm don't hate that, but it looks like it's well done from just those pictures. I'd like to see it when it's done.

OK. Here you go.CorvetteNewOldDone.JPG

Kern Dog

lloyd3

OK, it's not hideous, but...not my cup-o-tea either.

held1823

the older vette on a newer vette looks great when properly done. This one belongs to our own Larry Bell.

455777855_8234210139968367_7658773741595534209_n - Copy.jpg
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi-hampton

is that Larry Bell from Bell's Brewery? :scratchchin:

RallyeMike

IF he adds SE windows, the things will look almost exactly like the old Rodger Dodger Hot Wheels car.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

moparguy01

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 25, 2024, 10:26:29 PM
Quote from: moparguy01 on August 25, 2024, 03:13:58 PM

OK. Here you go.CorvetteNewOldDone.JPG

Well, I rank that as worse than a stock one, but better than the corvette summer car.