News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green dash paint

Started by fireguyfire, August 04, 2024, 09:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireguyfire

I'm just about to start in on restoring the dash from my 69 charger.
My car has a green interior and I'm keeping everything as close to factory correct as possible.
I can see that getting the green dash paint correct is going to be a pain to get the color, sheen and texture correct.
Does anyone have any tips on how to get this paint right?
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

hemi-hampton

are you mixing this paint yourself?

fireguyfire

No, I would have it mixed at my paint supplier
'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

JimShine

I buy the textured lacquers from autocolorlibrary.com. The dash parts are the "Suede" finishes on the back of the 1969 Dodge chip chart, Bayou Green Poly # 43925.

Whenever I spray this stuff, I sit down and have to spray a test first to get the gun dialed in and adjusting the viscosity. But the end result is worth it. I also suggest you spray as much of an assembly as possible. Even back then the colors varied a little batch to batch not to mention they have aged. It is rare to be a 100% undetectable match.

69hemibeep

It's not cheap but it is the proper paint. Call these people ask for the restoration shop. Tell them you want suede texture lacquer paint and the color. If you live in California they wont sell it to you.
https://tcpglobal.com/pages/automotive-paint-home