News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MECUM?

Started by b5blue, July 28, 2024, 09:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

I watched a lot of Mecum from PA. the last few days on MAX and the lack of Chargers was glaring. Most of the prices seemed a bit low for many cars. (To my untrained eye.) Anyone else pay attention to the "show".  :scratchchin:

70 sublime

Just watching the local for sale ads for stuff around me looks like prices are down on most things
And stuff is not selling over night like it used to
Takes a few reduced prices it seems to get things sold

There are a bunch of dreamers that still feel their stuff is worth more than last year but that is the stuff not selling at all
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

b5blue

DownZero

I did notice that there were a lot of "bid goes on". More than previous auctions.

b5blue

I haven't watched much/many of these type things but that did seem to indicate low bidding.  :scratchchin:

Kern Dog

A guy I know that had $160,000 in his 1970 GTX sold it through Mecum a few years back. It only garnered $52,000.
This was a nice looking car that had a bunch of parts from a 2007 Charger.
Engine, transmission, dashboard and gauges. He had a shop do 99% of the work...the shop guy learned as he went and the owner really paid through the ass for the owner to learn.
This was a California car with no rust. There was no custom bodywork. From the outside, it looked stock.
Some customs grab enough attention to get high bids. His didn't. The day before his went up for bids, another '70 GTX sold for $92,000 but it was stock.