News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

$200,000 for a base '68 Charger?

Started by Drache, July 22, 2024, 02:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Man do I feel old. I remember back when a '69 Daytona was $250,000....  :-\

QuoteThis is a complete nut and bolt restoration. Every bit and bolt was address. Has a 440 with dyno sheet. Made 520 hp and 568 torque too much to list. Many receipts for the work

$200,000 CDN = $145,423 USD

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

metallicareload99

XP car with a 440 but still has XP running gear/suspension......? Nice car though! Us base Charger guys can dream I suppose :drive:
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

lloyd3

70 sublime

The listing shows the car is about 45 minutes away from me if anyone needs someone to go have a look 
I have never seen the car before

When I first saw it posted I thought dreamer and does not want to sell it very bad :)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hemi-hampton

Mike DC

He could ask for a million.  It doesn't matter unless somebody actually pays it.

JB400

It's a black 68 with a 440. That automatically makes it worth triple its value.

Nothing wrong with asking for your restoration costs back.

DownZero

Nice car but for a "complete nut & bolt restoration", sure has some obvious issues. Missing console button, looks like a dash switch missing, old, damaged carpet pulled away from kick panel, missing ash tray.

hemi-hampton

I don't think anybody gets their Restoration cost back. unless it's been Earl Scheibed but that's not a Resto?

Mike DC

People should not expect to recoup their resto costs as a rule.  There's no harm in trying, but it's normally not a realistic goal.  Not unless the car has big collectible value like a rare VIN or a famous racecar.

Resto work is hand-building a car from scratch (in fact it's usually even harder).  If that was profitable then the OEMs would not be using assembly lines and making cars in batches of 100,000.     

myk

That's a "my wife told me I have to sell this car" price.  "Gee honey, I tried!"

marshallfry01

Asking price and selling price are two different numbers.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.