News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Bumper Placement

Started by geffen928, August 05, 2024, 07:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geffen928

Afternoon Gents.....I'm fitting my new AMD rear bumper and it seems to be too far away from the Tail Light panel.  I replaced my lower valance and rear cross member in the EXACT same location as the OEM components.  Using the factory brackets the top edge of the bumper is 1" from the tail light panel in the center of the car,  and 3/4" away at the ends.  Does anyone have any pictures of the factory gap or any other input??  As always...Thanks in advance for the help.

Geffen

70 sublime

Guessing you are talking about a 68 69 70 Charger back bumper ?

Does the chrome cover the the painted lip part of the car it sits over but is out a 1/4" more in the middle ?

Do you still have an original bumper around to see if it fits any differently than your shiny new chrome one ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

geffen928

Yes.....1969 Charger.  Also yes....The center is 1/4 farther away from the tail light panel than the ends.  No, I don't have the OEM bumper to compare.  Sounds like that 1/4" bow is a common theme with non-oem bumpers???