News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best type of clamps for heater hose?

Started by timmycharger, July 16, 2024, 11:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

After messing around with the heater/ac box on my Charger for a few weeks I must have disturbed something on one of the heater hose connections.

I noticed I have a small leak coming out of the heater hose right where it connects at the firewall.  I just pulled it off to take a closer look and although distorted, the hose end looks to be ok other than being slightly deformed now.   

I probably should have cranked down the clamp a bit more to see if it stops but I am not a fan of these worm gear clamps I have and want to replace them. 

I put t bolt style clamps on my radiator hoses and like those but is there a better option? I know the OEM style spring clamps worked from factory but I don't love the look of those unless I was going for 100% factory look.

b5blue

"Marine grade" for boating, made in USA are the best.

metallicareload99

What PSI is your radiator cap? I've had the same leak, tightened the worm gear clamp and the leak stopped + I use a 7 PSI cap :drive:
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

John_Kunkel

"Marine grade" only means it's non-rust stainless steel, available in most clamp styles like work gear and T-bolt.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

timmycharger

Quote from: metallicareload99 on July 16, 2024, 02:24:25 PMWhat PSI is your radiator cap? I've had the same leak, tightened the worm gear clamp and the leak stopped + I use a 7 PSI cap :drive:

Don't really know, same cap that was on there since 2017 when I put the 440 back in. I think it is leaking now due to me moving the heater box around.

Quote from: John_Kunkel on July 16, 2024, 02:28:42 PM"Marine grade" only means it's non-rust stainless steel, available in most clamp styles like work gear and T-bolt.

Thanks!

Dino

I don't like the worm gear clamps either. I have the OEM type and they work fine. I'm not sure what else is available.
Either way, check the copper tubes themselves and make sure they're not damaged. One of my was a bit out of round and leaked. No issues since I fixed it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.