News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wiper motor operation on high only

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, July 15, 2024, 05:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

Per the above, my wiper motor will only operate on high and will not park. I have not down the test in the FSM yet but am aware of the sequence with the jumpers. Was curious if these symptoms may be solved with a new ballast resistor that is on the wiper motor. Not the ignition resistor but the one on top of the wiper motor.
Thanks!

b5blue

Clean and wiggle all the wire connections under the dash and on the motor first.  :scratchchin: I use Caig Labs D-100 DeOxIt.

Sixt8Chrgr

All connections are good. My washer, low speed wipers and parking the wipers don't work. Seems there must be a common 12 volt supply I don't have. Anyone have any ideas? By way of background, I restored the car and it has all new wiring harness firewall forward. I had the dash out when restoring the car and confirmed all connection good.
Thanks

metallicareload99

I think you might be on to something with the resistor and the low speed, but with the wipers not parking, I think you have additional problems with the wiper motor itself. Might be time to rebuild or replace the wiper motor :shruggy:
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth