News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hot weather affecting your plans?

Started by Kern Dog, July 07, 2024, 06:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

How well do you do when the weather gets hot?
Out here in California, we are in the midst of as heat wave. We've had about a week to 9 days of days well over 100. It was 114 yesterday.
Humidity is fairly low and not really even a factor. Working on stuff in the shade does help.
The list of chores isn't getting any shorter while the heat is on.

How about you?

Dino

80s here, a week or two it was in the 90s, but humidity gets up there. I try to do work in the garage early in the day or at night, but it's still not easy escaping the humidity.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Kern Dog

109 here. I just got finished mowing the back yard. It usually takes 45 minutes, this time it was about 50-55. I was fine until I stopped, then the sweat really rolled in. I got dizzy a little and came inside.

will

It was hot when my friend came over to charge up the house a/c. Took 4 pounds of r-22. ugh. $850. Told the wifey it's time for the upgrade. I know we'll get through the summer, it took 3 pounds last year.
   Kern, I know what you mean about the hour on the mower. I work the second shift, so no beer after I finished today.

Kern Dog

105 today...I was out there running the pressure washer on the redwood deck. I had the mist of the water to cool me off!

armor64

lately has been pushing 100 in southern ontario, with high humidity, like 80%+ which is soul crushing up here. the added heat has made it apparent my slowly overheating problem at idle is still there on the charger and i need to test out some options this coming week, as i dont want to damage anything trying to go out for dinner on a friday lol.

HANDM

Not at all, been kicking ass around the house, got all 5000 sq ft of tile roof pressure washed and over half of it repainted, replaced the post light caps with fresh wood, got the electric gate opener up and running and getting ready to pressure wash the house body stucco and paint it too. Then there's the facias and gutters to paint. Then if time permits, I'm gonna repair the back deck rail and recoat the surface then rip off the unused side deck and build a juliette balcony for it so we can have the door open and the dogs can't get out.

Not having any projects business wise is mildly troubling thankfully we have a decent savings from the Charger sale and work but there's lots of birds in the bush and keeping busy around here staves off the blues......  :o  :o

Kern Dog

108 here today. This heat wave we are having isn't much fun. I get out to do a few things each day but waiting out the heat gets boring.

timmycharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 10, 2024, 10:56:25 PM108 here today. This heat wave we are having isn't much fun. I get out to do a few things each day but waiting out the heat gets boring.

Damn! that is too hot for me, I wouldn't last long outside.  Its only been in the 90's here in Mass but very humid.  I try to get into the garage early while it is still relatively cool and crank up the ceiling fans.

I am thinking of putting in a mini split in there as my garage/shop is detached from the house and central A/C.

regardless of the heat/humidity, stuff has got to get done when you own a home. Just last night, all I did was change the sand in my pool filter and I came in the house looking like I jumped in the pool. 

114 degrees.. F no

Kern Dog

Many of us live where the temperature is high but humidity is so low, it is a NON issue. There are lots of Arizona residents that used to live in snowy regions. They report 115-120 degree days that are much easier to take than the 90 degree/80% humidity weather that they moved away from.
Today it is forecast to be 111. The humidity has been under 20% so while it is hot, you aren't gagging on the air when doing things outside.

marshallfry01

It's been mid to upper 90s here in SW Arkansas... and we have enough humidity here to put out a wildfire. The heat doesn't bother me any. I have no trouble working in it. I absolutely despise cold weather though. I'm worthless when it's cold. I weigh 150 pounds. The cold cuts right through me. Thankfully I have a heated jacket that helps me get by when I need to get some projects done outside during winter.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Kern Dog

You guys that can take the heat are the envy of the guys that can't!
I worked in all the weather conditions that Northern California could dish out but I rarely worked in really cold weather. The worst was winter 2008 where I worked in Squaw Valley. The coldest day was 2. Yeah, 2 degrees and sunny. It actually wasn't that bad. I was helping with an addition to a cabin, rough framing in the mountains. I've worked in sun, rain and wind. The town of Fairfield/Cordelia is one of the windiest environments that I have ever worked in. The area was subjected to a strange phenomenon brought on by the nearby san Francisco bay area and the inland valley region. Fairfield was in between and it often had harsh, gusty winds between May and October. We often got sent home from work due to unsafe windy conditions. Imagine buying a house there in December and then learning in May that the wind blows so hard there, on trash day you have to go looking for your cans at the end of the street!
I'm retired now. The heat we are having limits my desire, not my ability.

Kern Dog

The past few days have been mid to upper 90s. This has made a world of difference from the 112-114 temps we had last week.

69wannabe

It's been really bad here in north west Georgia lately.  Heat index between 100 and 105 and the humidity is ridiculous.  Was just out in the shop tinkering around last weekend and not really putting out any effort and was literally dripping sweat everywhere.  Most of my work is outside in the direct sunlight so by the time I get home I'm basically spent. Not much getting done around here unless it is a have too. I did replace a wiper assembly for my cousin today on his jeep wrangler and replaced the shocks on my old jeep grand cherokee ZJ. It was not bad today and not bad yesterday as far as temperature goes. Mid 80's but still humid. Still better than high 90's and humid. Can't wait until October myself,  I really like the fall of the year.

Kern Dog

I've looked at weather records from the 1900s to today and this is NOT the hottest that it has been in that time....
BUT holeeee crap, I'm tired of the heat!
I was in the shop Tuesday, even as it got to 109 here. I was baked, man!
Yesterday I was unmotivated. I didn't feel like doing anything outside. 104 today but it is forecast to drop to 85 on Sunday!

John_Kunkel

"This summer, Californians faced a crippling heat wave, and the prospect of power blackouts and brownouts. But the state came through the potential energy crisis, thanks to a kind of power storage that's new to many – solar batteries."  :nana: 
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Kern Dog

If technology is by choice and not mandated, I don't have much of a problem with it.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Karen Dog on July 26, 2024, 01:13:51 PMIf technology is by choice and not mandated, I don't have much of a problem with it.

Oh? If that's the case, why did you feel it necessary to ridicule the couple with the solar yacht? Was their choice "mandated"?

Kern Dog

Why are you such a prick that you have to follow me around just to critique what I write?
Just stick to what you know: Women's fashion and vegan recipes.

John_Kunkel

Awww, whatsa matter sweetie, embarrassed I showed your hypocrisy for all to see? Isn't it about time you threatened to kick my ass AGAIN?

Kern Dog

Kicking the ass of an elderly man is probably a hate crime. I know that you'd claim it was because of your sexual orientation even though I harbor no hatred for gay people.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Karen Dog on July 27, 2024, 06:49:22 PMKicking the ass of an elderly man is probably a hate crime.

Tell us about all the asses you've kicked. Don't be afraid to go into deep detail...they obviously don't charge by the word here.  :smilielol:

Kern Dog

Tell us of all the woman that have actually looked at you with a smile?
You project an image of a grumpy old hermit. Try doing things that make you happy without them being at someone else's expense.
Once you stepped away from responding to tech questions, you revealed what a lonely, old, bitter person that you are.
Nobody cares, man.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 28, 2024, 02:07:25 PMYou project an image of a grumpy old hermit.

And you project the image of an insecure little boy in a man's body trying to shore up your insecurity by acting like a macho stud. If ego was dollars, you'd me a millionaire.

QuoteOnce you stepped away from responding to tech questions, you revealed what a lonely, old, bitter person that you are.

News flash, I never "stepped away" from tech questions. If you weren't so in love with the product of your keyboard and would read, the evidence of that is right here for
all to see.

QuoteNobody cares, man.

And, yet, you keep responding...moth/flame.

Kern Dog

Quote from: John_Kunkel on July 28, 2024, 05:39:20 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on July 28, 2024, 02:07:25 PMYou project an image of a grumpy old hermit.

And you project the image of an insecure little boy in a man's body trying to shore up your insecurity by acting like a macho stud. If ego was dollars, you'd me a millionaire.

Nerds like you that couldn't get close to women tried to be like me but they lacked personality, wit, humor, an interesting aura and physical attractiveness. These shortcomings lead them to follow guys like me around, quoting my phrases and trying to find faults where none exist.