News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Body Parts

Started by NickJ, July 07, 2024, 11:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NickJ

Hello all,
  My 69 is coming along and I've come to the conclusion I absolutely hate my AMD fender and valance. Looking for a nice driver quality left front fender, front valance, and a set of bumpers (chrome doesn't matter, just straight). I'm located in Charlotte and would certainly travel for some nice OE parts. Thanks!

NickJ

I'm going to the Moparty next month in case any one else is going with parts.

Mike DC

Just curious - what are your specific gripes with the AMD fender & valance?

I feel like we should be archiving this stuff. 

NickJ

Overall it's just a ton of fitment issues. The valance bolted on ok but the holes stamped for the marker lights are way off. I have a couple valances that are beat but the marker light holes were intact and if you compare the OE to AMD there is no contest.
  As far as the fender it's more of the same. The rolled edge at the front of the fender is not straight where it meets the hood. If the gap is correct at the hood it pulls away the farther down the fender you go. The fitment at the cowl/door area is marginal at best. I used fender spacers to get it good enough for now but for the price I'm not impressed.
  I've used other AMD stuff for my build and it really is hit or miss. The bumpers fit great although the chrome isn't the best, the rockers were excellent, and some of the smaller pieces were ok. I guess overall I wish the quality was more consistent.