News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A/C blowing white flakes all out of every vent!

Started by timmycharger, June 17, 2024, 03:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

I may have posted on this before but it might have been another forum, not sure.  I have a Classic Auto air perfect fit A/C system in my Charger that I installed around 2013 or 2014.  The first few years I had it working it was great, blew cold like it should.

The last 3 years or so I have been having issues where as soon as I put on the A/C the interior gets covered in white dust/flakes. After running for about 5 minutes, the flakes disappear but then after a few days I'll try it again and its the same thing.

I just stopped using it for the last couple of years but finally I have the ambition to get in there and figure out what the issue is.

I just got off the phone with Classic Auto air and was told that this was an issue early on with the older A/C units like mine since it comes down to the unit not being level against the firewall. I have to re read my instructions but it has to tilt towards the firewall in order for the condensate line to work properly.

The tech is saying that my evaporator is sitting in water and once it dries out, it is flaking off and that is what is flying out of the vents. He says re positioning it and running it through a few times should fix it.

He remembers getting calls about this around 2014 with people saying the same thing and even going so far as sending the units back where they were dissected and concluded that the coils are fine.

I know what I will be doing!!! can't wait to use my A/C again!

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

timmycharger