News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Value of my 1968 Charger

Started by OldGuy, June 24, 2024, 06:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

Wondering what the value of my 1968 Dodge Charger is.  1 of 259 made with 383 ci, 4 bbl, 4 speed. At least a #2 condition - all numbers matching.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

triple_green

Hagerty says #2 $55.8K, #2 def is could win a regional show, also +20% for 4-speed. They get most of their data from auctions not private sales. What I see out there being offered from dealers seems to be shooting for the moon.

Is this the yellow one? Take care, Mark
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

73rallye440magnum

I think for insurance values you could replace it for 60k.

If selling, retail 50k-60k depending on inspection condition.

WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

lloyd3

Numbers matching, four speed, Number 2 condition, $50-60k seems a little light.  Clearly, paint and interior color will affect that too. Dealers are clearly "shooting for the moon" but when the dust settles the prices realized are still fairly high.  My best guess for a motivated buyer would be $65K.  I think the stick adds more than 20%, but of-course, I'm biased.

RallyeMike

All guesses without some detailed info or pictures. Colors and options can make a significant difference. Green on green, manual steering, 4 wheel drum brakes VS triple black, disc brakes and power windows could maybe be a $20k difference.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

hemi-hampton

Quote from: RallyeMike on June 25, 2024, 03:16:30 PMAll guesses without some detailed info or pictures. Colors and options can make a significant difference. Green on green, manual steering, 4 wheel drum brakes VS triple black, disc brakes and power windows could maybe be a $20k difference.

I would think a expert going over it with a fine-tooth comb could maybe make a $20k difference. one guy sez $50-$60k seems light, I don't think so, seems high since not a R/T. :scratchchin:  :shruggy:  :Twocents:

marshallfry01

If it's a very nice 68 383 4 speed, I'd say 75k. That might be on the high end but I've seen some around that range.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

doctor4766

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 25, 2024, 09:05:16 PM
Quote from: RallyeMike on June 25, 2024, 03:16:30 PMAll guesses without some detailed info or pictures. Colors and options can make a significant difference. Green on green, manual steering, 4 wheel drum brakes VS triple black, disc brakes and power windows could maybe be a $20k difference.

I would think a expert going over it with a fine-tooth comb could maybe make a $20k difference. one guy sez $50-$60k seems light, I don't think so, seems high since not a R/T. :scratchchin:  :shruggy:  :Twocents:

Never say never.
I sold my 69 base 318 model that was fitted with a 383 for $135k AU about 18 months ago.
If someone wants a nice car regardless of XS status they may dig deeper into their pockets if the vehicle is tidy, straight and rust free
Gotta love a '69

OldGuy

How do you post pictures on this site - it has changed since i was last on here.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

RallyeMike

Quote from: OldGuy on June 26, 2024, 10:19:20 AMHow do you post pictures on this site - it has changed since i was last on here.

See the tab "Site Suggestions / Help Desk".
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/