News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger power drivers window

Started by komninon, August 12, 2024, 06:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

komninon

hi everybody, yesterday all my power windows worked fine. {this is for a 68 charger with factory power windows}today the drivers window does NOT work.....the other 3 work fine from master switch and individual switches. anyone has any idea what the problem is?
thank you!!!

Dino

You're getting power to the main switch since everything else is working, so it's the driver window switch itself. Loose wire or dirty contact. Pop the switch out and check the wires.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

komninon

John_Kunkel

The driver's door gets opened/closed a lot more than the other doors which flexes the wires leading from the door to the pillar more often. If you don't find a problem at the switch or connections, look for a broken wire in the conduit in the door jamb.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

70 sublime

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 13, 2024, 11:47:08 AMThe driver's door gets opened/closed a lot more than the other doors which flexes the wires leading from the door to the pillar more often. If you don't find a problem at the switch or connections, look for a broken wire in the conduit in the door jamb.

Not sure how that could be a problem in that area when he said all the other windows work fine from the driver door master switch and the driver window is the only window that does not go through that group of wires
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

John_Kunkel

Speaking from experience. I recently had the drivers window go inop on my daily driver '08 Magnum. Had to have the wiring scanned and the problem was a broken wire in the area I mentioned.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.