News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Slot rims, who made them?

Started by Khyron, August 14, 2005, 08:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Weld? American racing? Crager?

I need to buy some center caps and want to make sure they are corret for the rims. After the whole Rim thread i've desided to keep these. So I need to buy my center caps.... stop laughing Brian  :P

Also any online links appreteated.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

i have no idea, but i belive I heard about someone reboppin them several mos. back...
If you or anyone else should care, I have a great set of the deep dishes.
I Laboriously hand polished to like new condition by devoting approx 5 hours to each...
they have new chomed plastic center caps, the last set a wheel/tire shop had... and new chromed lugs too, and they're mounted on relitivey new Dunlop GT Qualifiers,..
I forget the sizes of the tires now but i do remeber that when I installed my pumped 440 they wern't no way   up to the task of Hooking up, and simply spun at anything more then a simple pussyfooting around...
So I got new wheels 'n tires... which helped alot till i got my new race trans, and now the new tires spin nearly as bad as the old ones.
I offed them to Natcho, but he's gone the Keystone classic route.
Unfortunatly, they were the first items i stored in my storage spot, so get to them requires a major PITA to get to...   :P
interested?..
I just saw it's the center caps your awantin.....  :-\

Khyron

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 14, 2005, 09:00:12 PM

I just saw it's the center caps your awantin.....   :-\

;) dontcha hate that. Hey Strat, are you near NY? if so. what were you thinking of asking for those. I'm more curious then anything. Are they 15 inch?

I actually just got 2 more slot rims for the charger 15x8. so I have a total of 6 now. 4 14 ich and 2 15 inch.  but yours have nice tires :D unless you just want to sell me the center caps ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

honest to goodness. it's apain, because of my home remodel,. everything is in the way of my storage spot (loaded in 1999)
and for me to get to the damn tires would take a full day of doing the chinese puzzle routine...
You know how that goes don't ya?..  :(

2fast4u

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't several wheel manufacturers make the slotted mag wheel!?  There are few off the top of my head that come to mind back in the day when I was a teenager runnin' around on several different cars....i.e.  ET mags,American Racing,Cragar...etc.

The only sure fire way that I would know how to find out is to inspect the wheel for a name.....even if it means dismounting the tire from the rim.  :-\    I did that once myself to find out it was american racing wheels that I need wheel caps for on my charger I had once before!

I also know that some push in from behind and some use three screws to hold it down....some are plastic and some are metal!

good luck
2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Brock Samson

well 2 fast your prolly right about that,.. but mine were/are the Ansens and have the center caps that push through from behind.

SLIKK 70

Wow, I just learned something about my car. The wheels on the drivers side have caps without names, the caps are screwed to the wheel in  tapped holes. The passenger side has the push in type caps that have the big " W" which i am sure stands for Western Wheels. I gotta fix that now, it's going to drive me nuts knowing that!!! :down: But Western did make slotted wheels.

Badbob

You can still buy Ansens through American Racing Wheel.
I had US Indy Mags on my 69 GTO back in the day.

Steve P.

I thought the W was for WEST.. :icon_smile_big:

Does anyone remember the old Crager Magster???  I loved those mags..  Wish they still made them..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

TruckDriver

Are you just asking about your Slotted wheels or all the manufactures? Cause I can think of all the different names that made slotted wheels;

Crager (I own a pair)
Ansen
E-T
Superiour
Keystone (before Crager owned them)
American Racing
Appliance
Positrac
Shelby
U.S. Indy
I believe Mickey Thompson made some too for a while (I won't swear to it though)

(I just won these 2 off Ebay last night to go with my pair of Crager slots. 15x8.5s)

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Skyview69

I bought some centercaps for my rims from Discount Tire shop. Same rims...they were $5 each...they stock them so you shouldn't have any trouble.  :icon_smile:

ChargerRob

Western Wheel also made Slots. That's what mine are. If you look on the back of your rims, they should say who made them.
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Khyron

all these different hub sizes for different SLots  :o I guess i'll have to check for the manufaturer. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

THE CHARGER PUNK

heres the new ones.-MATT

and heres the link  http://americanracing.com/wheels/details.asp?wheelid=170&name=Ansen ®%20Sprint&style=A69&desc=1-piece%20painted%20/%20machined%20alloy&section=A#

rt green

wish i could find a set of 15x8.5.  i have a set of deep 14's but would like 15's
third string oil changer

TruckDriver

Quote from: rt green on August 15, 2005, 09:15:42 PM
wish i could find a set of 15x8.5.   i have a set of deep 14's but would like 15's

Watch Ebay. They are there all the time.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

MoparYoungGun

I think everybody covered them all. Good luck Khyron :cheers: !

Khyron

Thanks :D I'll take a second mesuerment tonight just to be sure and order my caps. All the help was appreteated guys.  :2thumbs:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Khyron on August 16, 2005, 06:49:20 AM
Thanks :D I'll take a second mesuerment tonight just to be sure and order my caps. All the help was appreteated guys.   :2thumbs:

What's it looking like on the initial measurement?
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Khyron

3 1/8 inch's. maybe a slight bit more.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.