News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrome wheel cleaner

Started by Silver R/T, May 29, 2006, 11:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

What have you guys used for chrome wheels that works best and wont hurt finish? Available at schucks/napa stores
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

68 RT

I clean my cragers with soap and water then wax them with paste wax. Once waxed just use window cleaner and a clean towel for touch ups.

mopar_madman

I've used mothers and mequiars metal polish and been very happy. If the chrome is in good shape the wax will work fine also.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Arigmaster

I clean with soap & water then use "FLITZ" polish. You should be able to get it at any Ace Hardware store. It works great on all chrome.

68 RT

Some metal polish can hurt chrome plating. Read instructions first. The mothers polish I have for my m/t valve covers says not to use on chrome.  ;)

Todd Wilson

Go to the grocery store and get Soft Scrub  from the bathroom cleaning area.  I think Chlorox makes it.

Use the foaming bubble guys bath and shower cleaner for your vinyl top.

Turtle wax used to make a bug and tar remover that was a tan creme like stuff. That would shine chrome like nothing I have ever seen but I havent been able to find that certain stuff anymore. They have another  substance in the bottles now?!

You guys paying all that fancy money for car products when you can get household cleaners for less!   :icon_smile_big:

Todd

Silver R/T

sometimes household cleaners are bad. I see guys using dishwasher soap for car. That is real bad for your paint in long run
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Silver R/T on June 02, 2006, 12:05:57 AM
sometimes household cleaners are bad. I see guys using dishwasher soap for car. That is real bad for your paint in long run

Its not bad for the paint  it just takes off all the wax. Easy way to strip it if you have to.

Todd