News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Power Window Relay Location & Wire Loom

Started by mike337, March 03, 2023, 03:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike337

I am finally connecting all those wires under my 69 Charger dash and trying to make sense of all the relays, and flashers. I have most of it figured out finally, but am curious about 2 things.

#1 Can anyone with 69 B-Body Power Windows tell me the correct location to mount the under dash relay? I believe that it mounts on the bottom edge of the dash frame to the right of the steering column, but there are several holes there to choose from.

#2 For the plastic wire loom that gets mounted underneath the driver side kick panel, what fastens it in place? Bolts, clips, or screws?  Thanks in advance for any help on these items! Mike 3-3-2023 2-28-39 PM.jpg3-3-2023 2-29-24 PM.jpg 

68 charger freak

The loom is held in with white plastic push in clips
68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior

A383Wing

if your relay is bad, I can supply you with an aftermarket Bosch relay and adapter harness for $35

Bryan

mike337

Appreciate the offer, but the car has not been operational since I bought it in 2000, so really don't know what will work, or won't work yet. Once I get the power windows installed I will know more (or open a whole new can of worms with that system as well).

Thanks,
Mike

John_Kunkel

The P/W relay is another of those "nanny" devices that are, IMO, just something else to fail. I bypass them.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

chargerbr549

Napa part number Echlin AR200 relay will work in place of the original relay but the mounting bracket is different than the factory one.