News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

quarter mile times

Started by 73chgrSE, May 27, 2006, 06:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73charger

Quote from: Beer on July 07, 2009, 10:18:33 AM
Quote from: my73charger on July 07, 2009, 09:53:28 AM
I just got back from Show & Go at Brainerd International Raceway.  I ran a best 12.65 @ 109 mph.  I broke out though.  I was dialed in at 12.95 but I forgot to let up when I got around the car I was racing.

Any quicker with the lighter hood?  what does your car weigh in at (any weight reduction)?.

I have the subframe connectors in hand, looking at the CALTRACS Traction Bar System for next month's project, car should be primer black and for the most part body complete (except valances and misc parts) end of July...have the rear suspension and 8 3/4" rear put in August is my goal.

My previous best was a 12.68 @ 108mph.  So a slight bit quicker.  The car weighed in @ 3655 lbs with me out of it.  It is about 55 lbs lighter.  :2thumbs:  I will be going back down for Muscle Car Shootout on Labor Day weekend and I will have an upgraded carb.  I just bought a modified Holley 800 double pumper.  It is suppose to flow 835 cfm and of course the mechanical secondary will be better than my 750 vacuum secondary that is on the car now.  Should be fun.

canadian1974

Hi, i've got a 74 Charger with a 360LA small block with a 727TF 3 speed. I'm just finishing up the body and a few bugs in the electrical. I'm hoping to be some where in the 14.5 after a few runs. The motor currently only has Edelbrock performer intake 650 eddy carb, hooker comp long tube headers, 3inch dual exhaust, dyno max mufflers, 3.55 sure grip and some crappy old tires. I've compared it a 04 mustang GT which are 14.5 second cars and i feel theres alittle more umph going on. So i'll post once i get her to the strip and rip off a few times.

This winter its getting a rebuilt racing 727 by B&M, street fighter stall converter, 360's getting rebuilt with about 450+ HP dyno tunned and dropped in, bigger Rad, electric fan, remote oil cooler's, tranny cooler and im going to try and hook up a fiberglass hood with the air grabber set up to get alittle more cool air going in.
This should get me atleast to 13 or less in the 1/4 mile with 93 octane. :2thumbs:

73 charger

i put a pair of mt street radials, 255 x 15 on 8" rims.   275 will work on my  73.  i also added the hurst roll lock.  my best so far is 13:73 in the1/4.  car weighs 4150 with me in it...considerbly more than a fox body stang.    mike
1973 Dodge Charger, "Big Blue", Petty Blue (TB3), 408 Stroker, 460 TQ, RPM Air Gap Dual Plane Intake #7577, Edelbrock 750 cfm Performer Carb #1411, Holley Fuel pump (110 gph), Edelbrock #8877 water pump, MSD #8388 pro-billet RTR distrib, Comp Cam 233I/240E, lobe sep 110 deg, Hayes Heavy-Duty Flexplate, TCI Breakaway Torque Converter-stall 2200-2400, TCI 727-Street Fighter, DTS Stainless Steel balanced drive shaft tube with 7290 u-joint/yoke, DTS 3:54 Dana 60, Trak-Lok posi-unit, MT Drag Radials

73 charger

Ran consistant 13s friday eve at Budds Creek MIR.  Car ran great! 
1973 Dodge Charger, "Big Blue", Petty Blue (TB3), 408 Stroker, 460 TQ, RPM Air Gap Dual Plane Intake #7577, Edelbrock 750 cfm Performer Carb #1411, Holley Fuel pump (110 gph), Edelbrock #8877 water pump, MSD #8388 pro-billet RTR distrib, Comp Cam 233I/240E, lobe sep 110 deg, Hayes Heavy-Duty Flexplate, TCI Breakaway Torque Converter-stall 2200-2400, TCI 727-Street Fighter, DTS Stainless Steel balanced drive shaft tube with 7290 u-joint/yoke, DTS 3:54 Dana 60, Trak-Lok posi-unit, MT Drag Radials

Ghoste

Good work on the consistency and you gotta love night racing!

danmc77

Haven't taken it to the track yet, but plan to soon...

68 Charger - 440, .060 over, speed pro hypereutectic pistons, 10.5:1 CR, zero deck height, gasket matched EDDY RPM heads w/ 75cc chambers, valve job done by hughes, Eddy RPM intake, Demon 850 carb, Hughes .548/.555 237* 242* cam, comp roller rockers and hitech push rods, Mallory 6al & Unilite billet dist, Headers, 3" full exhaust, windage tray, 3.55 SG 8 3/4 rear - all through a 4 speed.  275/50/16 BFGs.

I know this is not a "what will it do thread," but what do you guys think it'll do? :icon_smile_big:   

73chgrSE

what's it weigh? I'll guess 12.30 with those tires.

danmc77

Don't know, but I've trimmed some weight by replacing the steel wheels w/ alluminum ones - add to that the heads, intake, manual steering car, exhaust manifolds, swap to disc front brakes - I'd say in the 3800lb range.

How 'bout with some drag radials and 4.10s?

stock suspension w/ HD rear springs and frame connectors too.

73chgrSE

danmc77

Quote from: 73chgrSE on July 27, 2009, 10:54:32 AM
high-mid  11's
I'd be REAL happy if I got into the 11's - I was thinking mid 12's.

c00nhunterjoe

if it hooks you have 11's easy, i dont have half of that in my motor and i can hit high 12's

my73charger

I just upgraded from a Holley 750 vacuum secondary to a Holley 800 double pumper that was rebuilt and advertised to flow 835cfm.  I wonder what kind of gains I will see at the track?  It seems way more responsive and snappy when I hit it.  I know that.

Ghoste

How soon before you get a chance to find out?

my73charger

This Friday.  I am heading down to Brainerd tomorrow for Muscle Car Shootout.  I can't wait!!  :2thumbs:

beware the sleeper

about 2.1 minutes, I got the new original chuck taylors strapped right on top of my atheletic socks (I double knotted the ties to give me a little extra torque), I was running dr pepper as my coolant, I am thinking upgrading to gatorade might shave off that .1, also I was in stock baggy shorts and a t-shirt, I am saving up for the more athletic apparell to really push me into the 1 range (yes I actually ran a quarter on a drag strip fooling around, there was down time, if I can find the slip I will totally scan that bad boy), god i need to find a body haha.

my73charger

What is up with these trolls and their smart aleck comments Ghoste?

beware the sleeper

ah nah man, I was just joking around, new and tryna get to know people. sheesh, guess i will go elsewhere.

Ghoste

I don't think he's trolling exactly.  He's a young gun with more enthusiasm than Charger at the moment and I think he's just trying to participate.
As for my car, there are no new times to report but I hope to have it to the track on September 6 and if I can just not break anything this time maybe I'll finally have some good news to report.   Cuz the last several times ain't been none too happy.  :icon_smile_wink:

beware the sleeper

Quote from: Ghoste on September 02, 2009, 02:10:57 PM
I don't think he's trolling exactly.  He's a young gun with more enthusiasm than Charger at the moment and I think he's just trying to participate.

nailed it.

soon, very soon....

nah the most recent time i have is on a car i gave away 5 years ago, so it seemed less relevant than my two year old foot time.

my73charger

Hey beware, don't leave on my account.  Just throwing a little mud back at you.   :yesnod:  Welcome to the board!  I can appreciate your trying to get involved.  I must confess that I found the double knotted ties giving you some extra torque to be quite funny.   :icon_smile_big:  Ghoste, I am going to try and have some new video of my runs this weekend.  I will report back on any gains.   :2thumbs:

beware the sleeper

Quote from: my73charger on September 02, 2009, 02:16:58 PM
Hey beware, don't leave on my account.  Just throwing a little mud back at you.   :yesnod:  Welcome to the board!  I can appreciate your trying to get involved.  I must confess that I found the double knotted ties giving you some extra torque to be quite funny.   :icon_smile_big:  Ghoste, I am going to try and have some new video of my runs this weekend.  I will report back on any gains.   :2thumbs:

oh nah just meant the thread.  I just dont really have too much to contribute, cause I was an oldsmobile guy for a loong time, I am shifting over to dodge now, i got a beat up coronet i am planning on transplanting into a charger body, but for now I would just be making stuff up.

my73charger

Well welcome to the world of Mopar!  Good move!!

Steve P.

oh nah just meant the thread.  I just dont really have too much to contribute, cause I was an oldsmobile guy for a loong time, I am shifting over to dodge now, i got a beat up coronet i am planning on transplanting into a charger body, but for now I would just be making stuff up.

There's not 1 damn thing wrong with CORONET'S... 

Welcome to the site. What year is your Coronet?
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

beware the sleeper

Quote from: Steve P. on September 02, 2009, 08:22:21 PM

There's not 1 damn thing wrong with CORONET'S... 

Welcome to the site. What year is your Coronet?

its a 72 but it got hit pretty bad, its mainly body damage though, and the interior is totally shot from being in a field, he started it up every other day and kept it running, but yeah, the body and the interior just nose dived

my73charger

Back from BIR Muscle Car Shootout.  I came in 3rd place in Strip Eliminator 2 (SE/2) class.  It was a field of about 60 cars.  I made it to the semi-final round (round 6) and got beat, which is a bummer because one more win and I would have had a trophy.  My car started acting up the round before, which was a bye round for me.  It was falling on its face at the high end of the track like it was starving for fuel.  My carb baseplate developed a bad crack by the right front bolt and I think it might be sucking some air.  I ran a best 12.45 qtr at 109mph this weekend (2/10ths faster than my previous best).  I will be uploading some new video to my webblog as I get some time.