News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

quarter mile times

Started by 73chgrSE, May 27, 2006, 06:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Sorry to hear it didn't go further in eliminations but at least the performance has picked up.  Improvement is always good.  :cheers:

my73charger

Thanks Ghoste.  I set the bar pretty hight for next year but I had a blast.  PS: I was lifting the left front tire off the ground about 4-6 inches on my launches!   :icon_smile_big:

I posted some pics and video in the Car Guys Discussion area:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,61179.0.html

my73charger

Update:  It may have been a blessing in diguise that my car started acting up when it did.  I took it for a ride after I got home and the rear end was hitting real hard on every bump.  When I looked, the pinion snubber was gone, or at least the rubber bumper part.  As good as I was hooking up and as hard as it was launching, I could have really twisted the rear end on another race.  I have seen guys twist the rear end so hard the drive shaft falls out on the ground.

Ghoste

my73charger

I have an adjustable tower style pinion snubber:  http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DCC-3690182/

The rubber is gone.  It may not have done any damage but boy does it bang hard now when I shift.

Ghoste

That's why I was wondering, I had the same problem with that style snubber and now I've been using the threaded adjustable one and so far so good.  That's just my personal experience though and pretty limited even from an anecdotal point of view.

my73charger

I think I am going to that threaded style as well.

my73charger

Thought I would share the two fastest time slips I turned in from BIR.

c00nhunterjoe

the car is consistant, nice

Runner

Quote from: my73charger on September 16, 2009, 09:32:11 AM
Thought I would share the two fastest time slips I turned in from BIR.

man that first slip could have been a great race with closer lights.  did they have to tap on the window and tell the dude in the left lane he needed to go   lol.   

the second slip woulda hurt to brake out by .001, good thing for the old red light in the other lane :2thumbs:   

your car is very nice and runs good!!

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

my73charger

Thanks guys.  Yeah they told him to put the newspaper down and drive.   :icon_smile_big:  I shouldn't talk, I have been asleep at the light before, but this trip down the worst light I had out of about 11 runs was the .218 light on the left.  The best light I had was a .095.  A friend of mine consistently cuts lights under .100 but he red lights more than I do as well.  On that second slip, I think the guy was sandbagging.  His car had wheelie bars, window nets and tires as wide as my two slicks put together!  It looked like it was built to run in the 9's.  The second video below is that race.  You can hear my 9 year old son yelling "yeah!", when my win light comes on.  After I got the win for that one I had people come down from the stands and tell me they were glad to see me beat the sandbagger.  The first video below is my first win in elimination.  I had to chase the guy down but I beat him by a car nose.   :icon_smile_big:

c00nhunterjoe

i am going to the track tonight, i am off to get the car loaded. optimisitc on my times- bfg radial t\a's and i still have a rigged shifter handle.. i hope to get someone to go with me to film but as of yet its just me going....

Lifsgrt

Installed the TTI headers I bought from Paul here on the site.  Went to Monster Mopar this past weekend and ran 12.55 @ 109.  Great fun, you guys should've been there.  :2thumbs:
Best time 11.07@121

c00nhunterjoe

nice, what all is done to your engine and car?

firefighter3931

Quote from: Lifsgrt on September 29, 2009, 08:21:17 PM
Installed the TTI headers I bought from Paul here on the site.  Went to Monster Mopar this past weekend and ran 12.55 @ 109.  Great fun, you guys should've been there.  :2thumbs:

I was there and saw your car run....nice work Jerry  :2thumbs: Good meeting you and your son.

Congrats on going rounds and making it to the finals in your class.  :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Lifsgrt

Likewise Ron, you've built one impressive machine in your Charger...solid string of 12.0s with occasional high 11s...all in a beatiful package.  My hat's off to you my friend.  Maybe if I keep working at it, I can provide you some competition some day!  :cheers:
Best time 11.07@121

idahogrumpy

New all time low for my car this last weekend 13:12 through the mufflers.
Too much to say
Too much to do
Too tired to get it done
Too stubborn to give up
GRUMPY
Modified 73 440 Charger, 03 Intrepid SXT, 02 Neon and 2001 Ram 1500 .

Lifsgrt

Coonhunterjoe, my .030 over 440 has a 25+ year old set of TRW forged domed pistons (2295s?) on H-beam rods, balanced, Comp 224-4 hyd flat tappet stick with 1.6 ratio roller rockers, Edelbrock 84cc heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake port matched to the heads, Holley 750DP, TTI headers and 3" full exhaust thru Dynomax mufflers, MP electronic dist @ 18 deg initial, 35 total advance, Firecore wires (thanks again Ron), 3:23 gears and MT ET Street Radials, (I'll prepare now for the beatings...) old school slapper traction bars, 25+ year old KYB gas adjust shocks, and subframe connectors welded in.  The car weighs about 4100+ with me in it.  :2thumbs:
Best time 11.07@121

Cooter

Yep, I'm guilty of the slapper bars for cheap traction as well..Mine runs 8th mile mostly(6.80's), but I figure it should be good for at least 10.90's, or low 11's on the spray with 500 C.I. Haven't run the General Lee as it has that T-5 F*rd Trans in it and I'll leave cluster gear all over the track... :yesnod:

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

oldschool

hey cooter,where in virginia do you live? it looks like in the mountains. i'm in va. beach.nice dart....... :2thumbs:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

Cooter

Thanks,

Got me General Lee and live in Appomattox Va..Yeah, go figure right where Lee surendered... :lol:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Blown68Coronet

Current best was with Ron,
10.02 @ 135+mph  :2thumbs:

Challenger340

You guys should be very proud, BOTH Cars run VERY WELL !
Great Job !
:2thumbs:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

firefighter3931

Quote from: Challenger340 on October 24, 2009, 11:08:35 AM
You guys should be very proud, BOTH Cars run VERY WELL !
Great Job !
:2thumbs:

Thanks Bob ! It was a great day with mineshaft air  :2thumbs:

The Pig is going out the back door at 5500...well below the measured dyno peak of 6100. To ET better with this combination it would need a set of 4.56's and a 5k stall. It's working descent considering the mismatch of parts. Should be much better with another 130 cubes under the hood next season.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron