News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey guys I think it's never seen pic of a Daytona in Canada 1975

Started by kevs1969daytona, February 27, 2022, 11:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevs1969daytona

So, I got some tail lights N.O.S. from a guy in Ontario, he just sent me a pic of a Daytona for sale in 1975. preety sure it's never been seen before cool pic. 

Sgt Superbird

That picture brings up an interesting point: that car is only 6 years old and it's been repainted or whatever that is...I can't imagine doing a repaint on any new-ish vehicle (such as my beautiful '15 Shaker Challenger)! It makes me wonder if it was the way a) owners drove them back then and they had been wrecked/dinged up or b) quality of the paint or c) getting a paint job was easy and cheap or d) cancer set in within 5 years?

hemi68charger

Quote from: Sgt Superbird on February 28, 2022, 12:12:08 PM
That picture brings up an interesting point: that car is only 6 years old and it's been repainted or whatever that is...I can't imagine doing a repaint on any new-ish vehicle (such as my beautiful '15 Shaker Challenger)! It makes me wonder if it was the way a) owners drove them back then and they had been wrecked/dinged up or b) quality of the paint or c) getting a paint job was easy and cheap or d) cancer set in within 5 years?

The paint around the rear window and all the parts that were added at Creative Industries during the conversion probably started going bad over time. The complete car was not repainted during the conversion, just the rear window area and the front clip. Hard to believe, but the roof was blended into the original paint, along with the quarters. The doors are the only parts of the car that really wasn't affected by the conversion (that does include the bottom half the quarters and rear section (rear valance area)..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

70 sublime

Um looking at the snow picture is the rear side marker look like a 69 reflector or a 70 light ?

Might be enough snow to fill a Charger back window in ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

A383Wing

Quote from: kevs1969daytona on February 27, 2022, 11:35:57 PM
So, I got some tail lights N.O.S. from a guy in Ontario, he just sent me a pic of a Daytona for sale in 1975. preety sure it's never been seen before cool pic. 

that picture has been around for a long time

6bblgt

'69 side reflector

& custom painted cars are ..... as old as cars themself  :icon_smile_big:

birdsandbees

Quote from: Sgt Superbird on February 28, 2022, 12:12:08 PM

I'd already put new factory quarters on my '69 Bee by 1978. Winter driven on the salt laden roads of Ontario!
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487