News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whose '71 Charger is in the new Scream movie??

Started by AKcharger, January 16, 2022, 12:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

RallyeMike

The side panel body work is making me feel seasick, but I'd still drive it  :coolgleamA:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

67tbird

Is it just the halo vinyl tops that had stainless trim on the rear quarter windows, or was it removed on this car?

67440chrg

Maybe I am old but I like the bumpers to be chrome. But like others I would drive it.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 67440chrg on January 28, 2022, 10:09:35 AM
Maybe I am old but I like the bumpers to be chrome. But like others I would drive it.

Color coded bumpers were an option in '71 IIRC.    I'm not exactly sure which models it was on but most likely for an RT. 

Otherwise...  nowadays paint is cheaper than chrome.   :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

70 sublime

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on January 29, 2022, 08:50:26 AM
Quote from: 67440chrg on January 28, 2022, 10:09:35 AM

Color coded bumpers were an option in '71 IIRC.    I'm not exactly sure which models it was on but most likely for an RT. 

Otherwise...  nowadays paint is cheaper than chrome.   :Twocents:

Were the factory painted bumpers metal or were they rubber ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

AKcharger

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 29, 2022, 09:12:17 AM

Were the factory painted bumpers metal or were they rubber ?

Rubber
I only saw one road runner in the 80s with Rubber bumpers super rare!

AKcharger

VegasCharger

Quote from: 67440chrg on January 28, 2022, 10:09:35 AM.....Maybe I am old but I like the bumpers to be chrome.....

Me too. I hate blacked out bumpers. And even though these grille aren't blacked out, I hate that as well.

Ditch the rear spoiler, chin spoiler and hood scoop too.

timmycharger

I don't know, I like the look of the spoilers and scoop.  The fuzzy dice need to be lit on fire however..

67440chrg

I cant say anything about the black hood or scoop. I did it to my car. But most dont like mine either but it is mine.

Mike DC

A black 6pk scoop on a 3rd-gen.  I think of it as the "Burn Notice look".

b5blue

My 70 had a six pack scoop when I bought it. It was needed to clear the TM-7 and Holley for "drag race only" operation. I soon found a good hood and put a six pack under it. LOL I like the look but FL. rain is too much.  :scratchchin: