News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I hate Murphy and his God damned law....

Started by TheGhost, May 24, 2006, 06:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

I went to replace the rear shocks today, and while I had the car jacked up, decided that I'd replace the broken lugs on the wheel adapters that the previous owner installed.  And, of course, that jackass Murphy reared his ugly head, and this happened.

Luckily, I had a small bolt pattern wheel with a tire on it, so I was able to put that on the car and drive home, but still.  I need a new adapter.  And before anyone preaches to me, yes, I KNOW that wheel adapters suck, but unless you are willing to give me the money for 4 new wheels, tires, and the cost to have the tires put on the wheels, I'm stuck with having to use the adapters.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

rollingthunder

life's to short have a blast before its gone.

moparguy01

whoa, how long did you run it with only 3 studs? damn dude. thats just stupid.

TheGhost

Quote from: moparguy01 on May 24, 2006, 06:38:05 PM

Yea, yea yea, I know, I know.

The million dollar question is, where can I find a new adapter?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Chris G.

Quote from: TheGhost on May 24, 2006, 06:40:28 PM

Try Summit, they sell that stuff. If you order tonight, you might get them on Friday.

ps- Start saving for new wheels. Those things look scary. Pot Metal?  :o

TheGhost

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on May 24, 2006, 06:51:54 PMps- Start saving for new wheels. Those things look scary. Pot Metal?  :o

Already done.  My fund for the 8 3/4 rear end I've had my eye on has just been turned into the New Wheel Fund.  I figure I can save a little more than 100 from each paycheck, I should have enough money for new wheels/tires.... 

...by the end of cruising season.  Son of a.....

Do they make widened steelies in small bolt pattern?  And if so, how much do they cost?

moparguy01

Quote from: TheGhost on May 24, 2006, 06:40:28 PM

Yea, yea yea, I know, I know.

try the garbage.  :icon_smile_big:

i have no idea about small bolt pattern wheels that are widened though. sorry

TheGhost

Damn.  Oh well, what would a set of small bolt pattern Rallye's cost?

Chris G.

Quote from: TheGhost on May 24, 2006, 07:21:50 PM
Damn.  Oh well, what would a set of small bolt pattern Rallye's cost?

Again, check the Summit site. They have good prices on the Wheel Vintique Rallyes. I even think shipping is free?

Also, get a credit card. It can be helpful in tough situations like this.

I can't end this reply without saying Rallye's on pre-70 cars looks rather...well it's your car right.  :shruggy:

TheGhost

Summit does have adapters, but the closest size they have is 4.0 hub to 4.75 wheel.  Which won't work.  Anywhere else that might sell these things?

Big Lebowski

The junkyards still have 4 door darts around with the small Rallyes.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

blackcharger

theres some import car, thats all it has is three studs on each wheel.

TheGhost

Quote from: Big Lebowski on May 24, 2006, 07:50:36 PM
The junkyards still have 4 door darts around with the small Rallyes.

14x8 in is what I need, if I can get a set of those cheaply, I can transfer my current tires over, can't I?

bull

Old Moparz

Hey Ghost,

I'd contact Wheel Vintiques directly & skip over any middle-man company. I bought a set of small bolt pattern Rally Wheels from them that were 15"x7" with a specific offset I needed. I had them sent in bare metal so I could paint them a slightly different shade I wanted & they are fine.

Mine are older, so I paid a lot less than what they sell for now, & also paid a core charge since they had to buy a set of originals to cut the dish from. I'm not sure if the new ones are new or cut from old rims & welded into a new rim, but that's what mine are.

If I recall, I paid $65 per wheel shipped, but this was over 10 years ago. They should be able to do plain steel wheels as well, so maybe start with one pair & get another pair later.

http://www.wheelvintiques.com/
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TheGhost

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 24, 2006, 10:18:15 PM
Hey Ghost,

I'd contact Wheel Vintiques directly & skip over any middle-man company. I bought a set of small bolt pattern Rally Wheels from them that were 15"x7" with a specific offset I needed. I had them sent in bare metal so I could paint them a slightly different shade I wanted & they are fine.

Mine are older, so I paid a lot less than what they sell for now, & also paid a core charge since they had to buy a set of originals to cut the dish from. I'm not sure if the new ones are new or cut from old rims & welded into a new rim, but that's what mine are.

If I recall, I paid $65 per wheel shipped, but this was over 10 years ago. They should be able to do plain steel wheels as well, so maybe start with one pair & get another pair later.

http://www.wheelvintiques.com/

Interesting.  According to their website, a set of 14x8s cost $150, while the same size wheels from Summit's site costs only $95.

Old Moparz

Quote from: TheGhost on May 25, 2006, 03:35:04 PM

Interesting. According to their website, a set of 14x8s cost $150, while the same size wheels from Summit's site costs only $95.

If that's the case, I'd call them before deciding. It seems like it could be a mistake, or maybe they are trying to avoid selling directly & want to have distributors instead.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

472 R/T SE

Of course you don't need to hear it now but, runnin' on 3 studs prolly did it in. :-X

myrt70

I would switch he car over to the large bolt pattern. Some 73 and up A bodys have the large bolt pattern rotors,and the A body large bolt axels are available from Strange,and Moser,for the 8 3/4 axel. Those adapers are junk,get them off before you get killed!
70 Charger R/T

TheGhost

Quote from: myrt70 on May 25, 2006, 10:19:59 PM
I would switch he car over to the large bolt pattern. Some 73 and up A bodys have the large bolt pattern rotors,and the A body large bolt axels are available from Strange,and Moser,for the 8 3/4 axel. Those adapers are junk,get them off before you get killed!

That's the plan.  However, I do not have an 8 3/4, and since they normally go for 500 bucks, I will not be able to afford one for a while.