News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need to Vent About Other Humans

Started by HeavyFuel, August 09, 2021, 01:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

Sorry, just need vent this out.

Drove my car to the dentists office about 1000 this morning thought it'd be a nice little outing.  Not a lot of room in the actual dentist's lot, and pretty tight quarters, so I decided to park in the mostly empty lot right next door.  Nosed her in by a nice grassy island.  Looked all around... only about a half dozen other cars in the lot.    :2thumbs:

I go in, do my business, come out about an hour later.  Two maintenance guys are working on something down low in same lot my car is in, the next island over.  I think about whether they liked my car or not as I got in and drove away...not like they could miss seeing it or anything.   :scratchchin:

Got home, pulled into the garage, popped the hood like I always do to let engine compartment heat out.   :yesnod:

It's then that I noticed the front of the hood, fenders and bumper were covered with water spots.  Seems like the maint. guys were doing sprinkler work, and must have run them to locate the one(s) to work on.    :'(

So my car gets the front covered with water, and then the blazing sun fries them into my clearcoat.  I was able to get most of the rings out, and the casual passerby will never notice.  But I can see them.   :flame:

Okay, maybe it's just me, but if I'm gonna run sprinklers to find a broken one, I'm sure as fuck not gonna do it in the middle of a hot sunny day and hose some cars down.  Do it at the end of the god damned day when everyones gone, mark the spot, and proceed to fix the next day.

Aero426

They don't care.  They only see there is a job to do and get done.    98% of the general public doesn't know or care about old cars.   

Run into the same thing with the lawn service at my office.    They blow the grass with the mower towards the car.   Then they blow the clippings off the driveway around the cars.          I rarely drive anything fun to work.

Kern Dog

Some people need a good butt kicking to see the error of their ways.

RallyeMike

It might be best for your health to leave your precious gem in the garage.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

lloyd3

Or at least, driving it very selectively.

TTSaleen

I feel your pain!
At my work the grounds maintenance crew every week decide to cut grass and blow the trimmings "at" the cars.  Almost on purpose it seems, but they don't actually blow the cars off mind you, if they did that would be helpful.
Just last week, my wife was sitting in our Explorer waiting for our daughter to get out of class when a person getting into their car beside her drags their bag down the entire side of our Explorer.
It seems that today, most people don't car about cars/vehicles in general and see them simply as appliances.
Clearly that is not how we feel!   :cheers:

Ryan
1968 Charger
1998 Twin Turbo Saleen
2003 Mach 1
2008 Pontiac G8

b5blue

You said the lot was mostly empty and that may be exactly why this happened. (They needed to do it then.) So much of this kinda stuff has happened to me I've given up, it's all just battle damage.  :yesnod:

Challenger340

Sometimes I think these cars are just plain magnets for people ? NOT saying that's what happened in your case.... but that's my perception anyways ?

Case in point...
I can guarantee that if I purposely pick a parking spot that is on the far side away from just about everything.... you know, staying away from door dings etc., and deciding to WALK ?
that 9 times out of 10 when I come back out ?
always at very least one lookee-loo parked beside it if not 4 or 5 starting a cluster waaaay over on the far side of the lot ? just weird....
Only wimps wear Bowties !

John_Kunkel

Most parking lots have a disclaimer..."park here at your own risk" and, as stated, few people know about water stains on car paint.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Aero426

Not scared.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: RallyeMike on August 09, 2021, 09:41:00 PM
It might be best for your health to leave your precious gem in the garage.

She is quite a gem...thanks for noticing.

hemi-hampton

I had all original paint on mine with multiple scratches & dings so I didn't worry much about that stuff.

Mike DC

QuoteI had all original paint on mine with multiple scratches & dings so I didn't worry much about that stuff.

First scratch = Heartbreaking

Second scratch = Liberating

ALBSURE1091

Unfortunately these days people really just suck. It's all about me me me me me and nobody cares too much about anyone else's stuff. it really is a shame. There still are some good people out there so you gotta hope you park your car by them.

Kern Dog

IT has been several years since I made a discovery that led to some better moods.....
I started paying attention to how other people speak to one another. When I encounter a person that only talks about themselves and rarely asks about me, That person gets put on one side. If I meet someone that rolls through a conversation barely allowing another person to speak, they are also on that same side. If a person actually interacts, listens, asks questions and appears to actually seems to be engaged for the answers, they are on my side.

Mytur Binsdirti

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 11, 2021, 08:52:19 PM
IT has been several years since I made a discovery that led to some better moods.....
I started paying attention to how other people speak to one another.

You mean by threatening to kick people's asses or suggesting ass kicking?

Kern Dog

Yeah, that works too.
Keep insulting people that can hurt you and eventually, you'll need some Band Aids and Ibuprofen.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 12, 2021, 05:05:56 PM
Keep insulting people that can hurt you and eventually, you'll need some Band Aids and Ibuprofen.

OOOOOOOH !!  My advice, never threaten a guy who can put a whole magazine in the 10 ring and get some help with your anger issues.

Kern Dog

If you think that you're a better shot than me, best of luck with that.

John_Kunkel