News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Holy Grail?

Started by kevink, July 22, 2021, 09:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Quote from: Challenger340 on July 22, 2021, 10:59:19 AM
I saw that R/T SE on fb.... looks to be the real deal and highly collectable  :2thumbs:

Condition.... condition.... condition....

IMO though....
an easy $50K and quickly headed up from there depending on Numbers Matching/B-Sheet... rust/prior bodywork.... LOTSA factors

I am not a fb person but if it was on there was it listed as for sale ??
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Challenger340

Quote from: 70 sublime on July 25, 2021, 12:52:10 PM
Quote from: Challenger340 on July 22, 2021, 10:59:19 AM
I saw that R/T SE on fb.... looks to be the real deal and highly collectable  :2thumbs:

Condition.... condition.... condition....

IMO though....
an easy $50K and quickly headed up from there depending on Numbers Matching/B-Sheet... rust/prior bodywork.... LOTSA factors

I am not a fb person but if it was on there was it listed as for sale ??

I didn't see any "For Sale" ad per se.... just a post of the Fender Tag and a grainy Pic of the Car under a bunch of Boxes in a garage with a caption I think said "I just inherited this... any idea what it's worth" ?

Basically, I think he/owner was fishing ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

kevink

People that had not seen the car's condition at all was telling him it was worth $50,000 to $70,000 as it sat! Well, if you want to have $150,000 in the car you can pay that. I spent 3 hours putting tires on it, rolling it outside for the first time in 41 years and crawling all through the car from bumper to bumper! I got a call back this morning and should be picking the car up Friday if all goes well since he has thought it through.

AKcharger

Super great news! keep us posted!

Challenger340

Quote from: kevink on July 26, 2021, 10:44:50 AM
People that had not seen the car's condition at all was telling him it was worth $50,000 to $70,000 as it sat! Well, if you want to have $150,000 in the car you can pay that. I spent 3 hours putting tires on it, rolling it outside for the first time in 41 years and crawling all through the car from bumper to bumper! I got a call back this morning and should be picking the car up Friday if all goes well since he has thought it through.

That is FANTASTIC News Kevin.... you must be stoked  :2thumbs:

please keep us informed here....

70 sublime

Sounds like your work paid off
Good for you  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

tan top

great stuff ! congratulations !!!  :dance:  !!!

looking forward to hearing all about it & seeing pictures when you get time  :cheers: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

taxspeaker

Excellent-pictures please!

69rtse4spd

Dreat find, going to check your number against  mine, see how close they are.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:.

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Chargerguy74

Sweet. Congratulations. Nice find.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

armor64

congrats mate, in my mind, I think the fact you went as far as you did, Tires, pulling it out and going over it with the owner for free, and to respectfully leave without it, showed him that you were the right one for the job.

Challenger340

I wonder if he was successful and has picked the car up yet ?

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Challenger340 on July 31, 2021, 11:17:38 AM
I wonder if he was successful and has picked the car up yet ?

Good question, he said he was picking it up Friday & Friday has come & gone :scratchchin: :shruggy:

AKcharger

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 31, 2021, 06:18:36 PM

Good question, he said he was picking it up Friday & Friday has come & gone :scratchchin: :shruggy:

We here on the forum should be his 1st and formost priority!!

kent

Congratulations!   Good for you!
Kent

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: hemi-hampton on July 31, 2021, 06:18:36 PMGood question, he said he was picking it up Friday & Friday has come & gone :scratchchin: :shruggy:

Another Friday is on the way! More coming after that one too. ;-)

kevink

Sorry to keep everyone in suspense. Here is the message I received Thursday night "I have to put things on hold for right now, my mom took a down this week and one of my grandchildren ended up in the er. thank you" So, with this I have not gotten any other replies when trying to contact him.

69 OUR/TEA

Bummer , the waiting game now !!!

FastbackJon

I lost out on one '66 Charger when I was younger. It was out of town and the seller agreed to sell it to me. While trying to coordinate with a friend on the use of his trailer that he owed me for another favor, the seller told me their family talked them out of selling. It then showed up for sale online for multiple times over what we had agreed on.

You learn that when you have a hook on something, go get it right away. Last I saw a decade later that car was still in the same condition, apart and not running.

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

F8-4life

Way cool find. I don't know about holy grail but it if not, it sure is close.