News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Dash Pad ~Help~

Started by fc7cuda, August 03, 2021, 09:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fc7cuda

Here in Texas it's hard to find a good condition Upper Dash Pad for ANY older car, much less the 68 style for B-body.  I'm familiar with using Just Dashes for E-body pads, but anyone with experience using them for the B-body pads?  I'm open to other suggestions, as I know the area where the hearer control bezel attaches is intricate.  NOS or excellent used would be my first choice, but might be a long shot.  Thanks for any input.

Tom

b5blue

Yea I think 68 has a slight peak 69/70 don't. I even keep a kinda dash cover fuzzy rug to help shield my 70's dash from Florida's sun.

v21hemicharger

What color are you looking for?

Lennard

Supposedly this company makes/sells the best upper dash pads.

https://abcmoparts.com/

66FBCharger

Quote from: Lennard on August 04, 2021, 12:24:06 AM
Supposedly this company makes/sells the best upper dash pads.

https://abcmoparts.com/

Has anyone purchased any products from ABCmoparts? Id be interested in a 70 b body dash pad but am concerned with how it fits and looks.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

69bfan

I have been selling and buying the ABCMoparts product line from Bob for a little over three years now.  As for the dash pads, Bob actually uses the original cores to insure that they will fit the dash frame itself.  This also insures that they are the correct length.  Some of the 68 to 70 B-Body reproduction pads are too short and you end up with a noticeable gap between the A-Pillar trim and the end of the dash pad.  Secondly, depending upon the year model, they have the correct profile.  There is a slight variation in the grain pattern for the ABC reproductions.  For 95% of the people, they would have no clue to the difference.  So if your doing a OEM Gold style restoration, then you will need to search out an excellent used pad.  Also, if the core is severely rusted, then Bob will refuse it as it will cause issues getting the the foam to adhere and possibly the studs to attach the pad to the frame will be an issue as well if they are rusty.

Currently like so many other things, the availability of the foam and vinyl has been a real issue for Bob and his business.  Bob typically will set up for Carlisle, but he did not attend due to the ability to deliver a finished product.  He has gotten some product back in stock, so he will be setting up a display at our tent at the Nats next week in Columbus, OH. for those who will be attending.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

68RT440

This is good news. I talked to him on the phone a couple months ago and we arranged for me to drop off my Charger dash pad at Carlisle for him to restore. I was worried when I saw that he was a no show, hoping that it wasn't anything health related. I'll bring the pad to the Nats and give it another try.

Richard, where will you guys be located at the Nats?
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

69bfan

If things are laid out as they have in the past, we should be in rows R and S in spots 18 through 34.  If your walking from the staging lanes along the access road that exits onto Refugee Road, we will be under the large 4800 square foot tent on the right side of the road.  Ted and AMD has the top half of the row and we take up the other half, hopefully easy enough to find.

I spoke to Bob yesterday and he is hoping to be on the grounds from mid-day Thursday through Saturday afternoon. 
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

b5blue

I just ordered new Bright Blue 13" armrest pads for my 70.  :2thumbs:

CDN72SE

Bought a black dash pad for my 72 Charger, very nice no complaints, fit and feel is very close to original.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

b5blue

My arm rests came today, really nice!  :cheers:

Bossman963

Just dashes did my 68 Charger dash pad and have no complaints- I gave them an original pad to start with :cheers: :2thumbs:
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS