News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona salt flats help

Started by Lifsgrt, July 16, 2021, 08:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifsgrt

Hey, anybody have pictures of how the original valence or radiator support to K-frame seal looked from the factory? I am getting ready to run my 1969 Daytona (clone) in A/Cllassic Production at Bonneville Speed Week next month. I need a pic to show rhe tech guys it was original with the seal.  I have an Alter-K-Tion under it but still want to use that seal for cooling. Thanks in advance, you can email me at Lifsgrt@gmail.com if it is easier than posting here.
Best time 11.07@121

hemigeno

Here are some photos of my former Daytona with it's seal in place:

hemigeno

More pics, with overspray... if you're in to that sort of thing.... :icon_smile_blackeye:

Lifsgrt

Excellent, thanks so much, exactly what I was looking for! Do you know if it hurt the car's cooling with it installed? I have rarely seen this seal installed . Thanks again!
Best time 11.07@121

Lifsgrt

Hemigeno,
Could you possibly email these pics to me (address above)? It appears I can download them but then the pics won't open. Text would work too. Thanks again
Best time 11.07@121

odcics2

If you can alter anything to look more like this, that would help tremendously.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemigeno

Quote from: Lifsgrt on July 16, 2021, 03:38:29 PM
Hemigeno,
Could you possibly email these pics to me (address above)? It appears I can download them but then the pics won't open. Text would work too. Thanks again

Try right-clicking on the photo, and choose "Save image as"... then save in a folder on your PC.  I think they're .jpg files, should be pretty standard-fare stuff.

I don't have the photos available at the moment, otherwise I'd send them to you. These were originally posted in the Daytona's restoration thread.

:cheers:

KurtfromLaQuinta

There's going to be a few Daytona's (clones) at Speed Week this year.
I was just talking with Sean Machado and he's taking his clone... but not running it.
He told me there's some other guys going (I can't remember their names) that are running for records.
One has a 9,000 rpm Cup Car engine and chassis under it.
Should be interesting.
Good luck!

Lifsgrt

Yes, Shawn and I discussed that. Hopefully there will be a bunch of MOPAR folks there!
Best time 11.07@121

KurtfromLaQuinta

Quote from: Lifsgrt on July 17, 2021, 08:38:23 PM
Yes, Shawn and I discussed that. Hopefully there will be a bunch of MOPAR folks there!
Yeah. He tried to talk me into going.
I told him I'm a bad spectator.  :icon_smile_big:
One day soon... to run.

I took him a bunch of spare parts I had around that I know I'm not going to use on my project.
He gives me stuff that I'll need for my clone. And he always tells me "Never throw anything away". He didn't want the set of "smog" 440 heads I had though.  ;D
He always has advice for me. We talked for almost 3 hours in the hot sun.
When you see him at The Salt... tell him Kurt said hello. You'll freak him out.  :hah: