News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are 68 69 and 70 Chargers becoming unaffordable and non existing?

Started by chargerbird, June 30, 2021, 03:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmycharger

Quote from: odcics2 on August 06, 2021, 07:50:22 AM
Yes, January 6th WAS an extremely dark day in the history of these Unites States.   :rotz:

Were any 68, 69, 70 Chargers involved? I must have missed that  :scratchchin:

b5blue

When marshallfry01 was one I bought my 70 Charger for 1500.00. While it had sat for over a year unwanted at that price, in a week I had buyers for the car and engine for a total of 3000.00. I found the needed parts to put it on the road, patched it back together and drove it about 8 years non stop like a construction truck. My car paid it's dues, it had to earn it's keep. Now like an old dog it's part of the family. I recall only magazines for parts that were few and too far apart, outrageous prices with sky high shipping your only option. I think we are at the end of an era of ready to buy parts availability. Some things may never be back in stock like 10 years ago.  

odcics2

Quote from: timmycharger on August 06, 2021, 08:24:11 AM
Quote from: odcics2 on August 06, 2021, 07:50:22 AM
Yes, January 6th WAS an extremely dark day in the history of these Unites States.   :rotz:

Were any 68, 69, 70 Chargers involved? I must have missed that  :scratchchin:

Let's hope not. That would be a huge embarrassment.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

AKcharger

Ah! the thread is going political huh? OK, game on with hot chick and airplanes!

aerolith

Yes on both accounts!

A very bad day in the history of the United States on JAN-6th, (I cried inside). :2guns: :spank: :engel016:
''Stop the Steel'' was cried out on Capitol hill and the 'restoration crowd' thought it was directed at THEM, (so they did)! :scratchchin:

Chargers are a very desirable piece of American automotive history indeed! :patriot:
It was every boys dream 'in the UK' to have one, after the 'Dukes' (carnage) had managed to destroy so many! :RantExplode:
Us limeys thought ''you were disrespecting' the Charger, so we flew over and hoovered up as many as poss.... :yesnod:
They was everywhere back in the 80's, you could drive around and buy them off the owners, as they didn't want them??? :shruggy:

There is a guy in the Netherlands, that has shipped over 300 Chargers in the last ten years! (bad foreigner)

When the dollar is weak against the Euro currencies, you are in trouble indeed.
But the Covid pandemic has changed many things and the Electric ERA is upon us NOW!

Fix your Chargers and drive them NOW, before its too late.
Anyone who has more than ONE Charger, sell it and 'MAKE SOMEONE HAPPY'... :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

I've just sold my 69 Charger 500 and made some else VERY HAPPY indeed... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I was in Cali for many years seeing the RUST-FREE Chargers being 'cut-up' to fix other rarer and rustier Cars!
Once Sherman and AMD came on the scene, it became 'less of a worry', cos folks thought a Charger shell would eventually arrive? :drool5:

But now it looks very unlikely, as that boat has now sailed... :'( :'( :'(
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

aerolith

It was a great pleasure to meet the 'Duke family' for their only ever trip to England as a threesome.

They were on the Graham Norton show here in the UK and a good Moparmate supplied the 01 Charger for the day!
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

F8-4life

Mike dc has a good take on this. At some point in time chargers will be less desirable then they are now. I do think there natural beauty will somewhat sustain them over time but when generational demand drops (not nessecaraly with boomers only) and the prices will drop also. These cars are not isolated from this, although right now they are pretty desirable. Look at some of the 1980's and 1990's cars, they are coming up in price strong.