News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona battery tray

Started by BS27ROB, June 22, 2021, 04:19:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BS27ROB

I tried search but couldn't seem to find the answer. Should a Daytona battery tray have 2 or just 1 brace underneath the tray. I'd swear I saw a picture of a tray that didn't have the front hole. Maybe Gene's thread.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BS27ROB

Thanks Dave,

That wasn't the bracket I was referring to. I found a picture in Gene's thread.

hemi68charger

Yeap, just one support... The vacuum can for the headlamp hose harness goes on the battery tray. A second support bracket would fit probably......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

tan top

not wanting to hijack this thread , never realised that before a Daytona only has one lower support bracket , thought all second generations had two ,  unless  it was a  running change  with the later built cars like  the extra floor plan plug & one large battery cooling hole ... a hole is not even drilled for the second bolt either   :scratchchin: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

held1823

mine shortly before replacing the inner panel

you can see where the core support had been changed, but the vacuum cannister and battery tray are original to the car
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

hemi68charger

Quote from: held1823 on June 25, 2021, 12:58:50 AM
mine shortly before replacing the inner panel

you can see where the core support had been changed, but the vacuum cannister and battery tray are original to the car

Guess I need to look at my Daytona more closely !!!!  ::)
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

BS27ROB

Thanks for the pictures Ernie, mine has 2 lower braces as well and I thought possibly it might have been changed at some point. Looking at your pictures it seems mine probably is the original. It is just like yours with the front brace barely clearing the vacuum can.

BS27ROB

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 25, 2021, 08:05:34 AM

Guess I need to look at my Daytona more closely !!!!  ::)

Troy, if you get a chance to take a look at yours I'd appreciate if you could let me know what you find.

70 sublime

Wonder where the battery tray with only one brace hole came from ?
All 69 Chargers should have had the two braces I would think

Is it just a factory boo boo and the guy putting the 69 Charger tray in on the assembly line only put one brace on because there was no hole for the other brace and that car just happened to be Daytona bound ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

WINGMAN

Mine has two, and that is the way it came from the factory.   :Twocents:  Wingman     Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

Mopar John

Ours had 2 on the bottom and 1 on the top front on the B5 Daytona!
MJ

BS27ROB

Thank you John & Wingman, I guess I just over thought this. Looks like mine is probably original. I still wonder why the tray on Gene's car only has the hole for one bottom bracket. Maybe one of those Mopar mysteries.

hemigeno

Hi Cy,

Sorry for the delay in chiming in...

The posted photo from my restoration thread did not show the second brace, which should be present on Daytonas.  I'm not sure why it wasn't in place when that photo was taken.  My pre-restoration shots show a bolt hole where the front underside brace would bolt on the inner fender, so it was there when the car was built.

It's also in place now, as you can see from the post-restoration photo below of the two braces and vacuum can.

Hope this helps...

BS27ROB

Thanks Gene, I remembered seeing that picture of yours without the front hole and thought it was another Daytona oddity that I didn't know about. Thanks for straightening me out. It seems I've made "much ado about nothing". Hope you and the family are well.

Cy