News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOX emissions windshield sticker

Started by white, May 24, 2021, 11:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

white

I have this California NOX  sticker on my C500 windshield, does this mean I have any anti pollution add on to motor or does it mean the car passed a pollution test or both. Thanks for the help.

6bblgt

I believe it means the car had an aftermarket NOX system installed (mid-'70s /early '80s)

I purchased a '69 Cougar in San Diego in 1984 from the original owner & had to have one installed (no sticker ??) before I could register the car (the original owner was exempt from "upgrading" the car)

the system controlled the vacuum advance on the distributor and affected timing/emissions (I removed it when I left the state, still have it in a box somewhere)

white

Thanks for the info. Getting ready to get motor completely like factory and was not sure if it had special emissions parts on it when it was new.

hemi-hampton

I had one of these on my 70 Dodge Charger R/T that came from California. LEON.

white

white

Did you have any special emissions parts on your motor