News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is there any 1969 Dodge Daytona for sale less than $100 000 ?

Started by 70 sublime, April 20, 2021, 07:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Quote from: AZMoparMike on April 29, 2021, 09:04:56 PM
If you want to build a Daytona, I have a nos windows plug, nos wing washers, an original wing, an original nose cone and headlight buckets. I'll prob never use since I only like superbirds.

Thanks  PM sent about your parts
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

aerolith

'Back in the day' folks would buy cheap unwanted Charger 500's and convert them in Daytona's... :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Mine was one of these converts, then converted back again,,, after many years!
Still have one of the quarter skin tops with the wing holes in as a souvenir lol. :popcrn:

Thats what I would do now, if I really wanted a Nightona... :slap: :slap: :slap:
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623

held1823

Quote from: aerolith on May 01, 2021, 11:58:08 AM
'Back in the day' folks would buy cheap unwanted Charger 500's and convert them in Daytona's... :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Mine was one of these converts, then converted back again,,, after many years!
Still have one of the quarter skin tops with the wing holes in as a souvenir lol. :popcrn:

Thats what I would do now, if I really wanted a Nightona... :slap: :slap: :slap:

alas, you'd still not have a daytona. if owning one is someone's absolute goal, there is exactly one way to accomplish it

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

426HemiChick

Hi Folks,                   01 May 2021

Questions:

1. Whatever happened to Creative Industries?

2. Quite a few years ago, there was talk that Creative had quite a few Daytona Nose Cones, and other Daytona parts that one could buy. Then all of a sudden Chrysler ordered all those parts destroyed. Is there any truth to this?

Opinion:

On the subject of wanting and having a Daytona, yes, having one is an honor and privilege. If we wanted a Daytona to drive, it would be a very nice clone. We wouldn't want to risk losing a real Daytona to some nutty absent minded driver, of which there are too many, or me, what with my propensity for "Sleep Driving."

Best Always

426 Hemi Chicks
Veteran - US Navy  Ex-Smoker (05 Mar 69) 55 years, heading for 100, 45 to go. Still lots to learn, lots to make up for. Weren't no angel. Fugitive from Southlake TX's Kangaroo Court

aerolith

Its a Catch-22 situation with anything expensive!

Do you buy it as an investment or because you want one?
Lots of really rich folks don't own a Daytona and 'many more' poor folks would like (love) to own one. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Now if I win the Lotto this week, would I then go out and buy a Wingcar or TWO!?
'Probably not' as they is well overpriced and 'that time' for me has passed...

Some folks didn't sell 'their souls' to buy one and some folks did...

A $100,000 (or pounds) would change my life and maybe my whole families life too!
I could move to a better house in a better naybore-hood and have some money to give to the children too... :2thumbs:

What good would a £200,000 dollar car do for me and my family, (not much) JUST MAKE THEM HATE ME...(even more)... :slap: :pullinghair: :smilie_help:

Everything has to be right in 'YOUR WORLD' to contemplate (the purchase of) a very expensive '50 year old memory' of a long distant past GLORY!!!

I was very lucky to find a Charger 500 4-speed within my budget, before the prices went mentals!
I have contemplated giving the Charger to a long time Mopar-friend as a gift...( he has started to go Ford)... :RantExplode:
But due to my financial situation, this is not viable at the moment (like many others) so its not possible (and the wife would kill me)... :badidea:

Its not about me or the folks who own these rare and wonderful cars, ITS ALL ABOUT THE MOPAR!!!
They will hopefully be here when we are gone and someone else will love them as much as WE DO!!! :pity: :pity: :pity:

(ps a XX C500 is much rarer than a XX Daytona and who would want an column AUTO Daytona?)
Never send to know, for whom the bell tolls,
IT TOLLS FOR THEE...

John Donne 1623