News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Watch out when using the weed eater.

Started by Kern Dog, April 19, 2021, 11:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Son of a bitch.

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Kern Dog

It happened yesterday.  I was 20-25 feet from the shop. The door was open. I thought I had the weed eater tilted just right to shoot the weeds away from the shop.
The front of the shop is road base gravel over decomposed granite. It is a very solid surface but the gravel comes loose sometimes. I ran the weed eater, then went inside for a couple of hours. When I went back out to close up, I saw the damage.
I found two gravel rocks near the car after finding the breakage.
Today I did the cleanup...

C500

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 19, 2021, 11:48:02 PM
It happened yesterday.  I was 20-25 feet from the shop. The door was open. I thought I had the weed eater tilted just right to shoot the weeds away from the shop.
The front of the shop is road base gravel over decomposed granite. It is a very solid surface but the gravel comes loose sometimes. I ran the weed eater, then went inside for a couple of hours. When I went back out to close up, I saw the damage.

you must have a real high-powered weed eater to spit something that far, and that hard to smash the glass. what a pain in the dick.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Kern Dog

I bought an AMD rear window for Jigsaw and had planned to install it next week. Good thing I had the window here.
I cleaned the channel a bit....

Kern Dog

I found that the AMD glass is slightly thinner than the stock glass.

C500

Quote from: Kern Dog on April 19, 2021, 11:50:28 PM
I bought an AMD rear window for Jigsaw and had planned to install it next week. Good thing I had the window here.

I would shed tears if that happened here.... trying to replace a 500 / Daytona glass aint so easy to find a replacement

Kern Dog

Because of that, I went with the 3/8" butyl rubber...

Kern Dog

I put tape where all the clips are after replacing a few of them where the trim didn't sit tight.

Kern Dog

Quote from: C500 on April 19, 2021, 11:49:48 PM
It happened yesterday.  I was 20-25 feet from the shop. The door was open. I thought I had the weed eater tilted just right to shoot the weeds away from the shop.

you must have a real high-powered weed eater to spit something that far, and that hard to smash the glass. what a pain in the dick.

Ha ha...Yeah, it does suck!
The weed eater is a 2 stroke that really works well.
The fault is entirely mine. I broke a window in one of the shop doors before. The head turns counter clockwise so I had the right side angled to the ground to throw the weeds away from  me. All it takes is a moment of inattention by letting the cutter head rest flat and it then sends stuff going in all directions.
I will close the door from now on.

Kern Dog

Quote from: C500 on April 19, 2021, 11:52:28 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on April 19, 2021, 11:50:28 PM

I would shed tears if that happened here.... trying to replace a 500 / Daytona glass aint so easy to find a replacement
Holy crap....I would wig out too!

JB400

Now you know why I use part throttle on the weedeater.

John_Kunkel

It is a very solid surface but the gravel comes loose sometimes. I ran the weed eater, then went inside for a couple of hours. When I went back out to close up, I saw the damage.

That's why I won't use a string trimmer near gravel, Roundup instead.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopar Nut

I've heard of this happening way too often. One I witness myself, the guy trimming was 75 feet away.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Kern Dog

Quote from: John_Kunkel on April 20, 2021, 01:13:58 PM
It is a very solid surface but the gravel comes loose sometimes. I ran the weed eater, then went inside for a couple of hours. When I went back out to close up, I saw the damage.

I did that and actually mixed it per the directions. It was taking too dang long. Did they reformulate their products after the cancer lawsuits?
I will NOT make this mistake again.

69rtse4spd

XH29N0G

I just saw this.  I'm sorry to it happened.  I know the car is in good hands, but still sucks that it happened.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Kern Dog

I did finish today. Lucky for me, the trim actually fits better now than before. I sprayed the package tray since it was looking a bit faded. I called my Sister in law...she may have another "Maven" sticker for me.
That was the rock band my late brother was in up until he passed on.

Mopar Nut

Looks good.

The original looked like it had a green tint, the new looks clear.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Kern Dog

Think so?
The new one is a "tinted" version and so was the original. I like how clear I can see out of it from inside.

lloyd3

KD: I would have shit a gold brick if that had happened to me. "Devastated" wouldn't begin to cover it. But....you have handled it beautifully. The power of having "skills".

Derwud

1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

Kern Dog

Quote from: lloyd3 on April 22, 2021, 09:58:34 AM
KD: I would have shit a gold brick if that had happened to me. "Devastated" wouldn't begin to cover it. But....you have handled it beautifully. The power of having "skills".
I am a strange person.
I can handle big problems but little ones get me worked up.   :brickwall:

twenty mike mike

[/quote]

I did that and actually mixed it per the directions. It was taking too dang long. Did they reformulate their products after the cancer lawsuits?
I will NOT make this mistake again.
[/quote]

Next time you go to Cabela's in Verde, stop by a store in NV to get Roundup.

One day last Summer, I used Roundup and it actually started working within hours, just as the directions say it's supposed to. I joked to a friend that they must have shipped the Nevada formula to California by mistake. I have no idea if that's true, but the stuff I've bought since is back to its old slow way of taking a week to show any effect.