News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ebay has gone psycho

Started by 69charger2002, August 11, 2005, 11:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrope

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 12, 2005, 12:18:35 AM
they are spiking yes but they will go down after a while but not as low as they used to be anyways, think of it like gas prices, they went up right now, but will decrease in some time but price will still be higher than it was before big spike went up

Classic car prices were going gonzo before the new "The Dukes of Hazzard" movie. What we are seeing on eBay right now is the result of an overinflated market.
Barret-Jackson, Overhaulin', American Hotrod, and all the other television shows have helped to jumpstart the market over the past year. People have now seen what many already knew: for roughly the price of a new sedan purchased at a dealership you can have your dream car built.
There was a time when the stock market was up to 11,000 shares traded a day. So it is now with cars. Like the stock market the bubble will soon burst.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

BigBlockSam

QuoteLike the stock market the bubble will soon burst. 

:iagree:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytona71

To Brian S , dkn1997 and others

Stuntman is offline at the moment as he is travelling in Montana.  If you had a General Lee with as much history as that car has, you would be proud of it too.
  Can you say that your motor mounts were given to you by John (Bo Duke)?  Stuntman and John are very good friends.
Can you say that your car was the last General Lee ever to drive on the backlots of Warner Brothers before the demolition ?
Yes, thats the same car that was written off, 2 years ago. And has been returned to within 1/4" of factory specs by the magic of the Smith Brothers Restorations. I spent all saturday 2 weeks ago riding around in that General, and it rides great, goes really fast and can still make moves that only a qualified stunt driver like Stuntman can do.
The history alone on that Charger is priceless, so the bidder on that ebay auction is going to get way more than just an orange car.
Yes, the movie wave might only last a short while, but its fun while it lasts.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: daytona71 on August 13, 2005, 06:48:56 PM
To Brian S ,

Yo... I'm not really knocking the car OK?     I just mentioned what happened to it.   I'm more surprised that he gave in to all the hype and put it up for sale more than anything. 
I'm one of them folks that never sells anything so I have a hard time understanding selling something I put so much time and effort into.

Nuff said - about my part in it at least.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Lostsheep

Quote from: THE COLONEL on August 12, 2005, 06:23:37 PM
You know, I am used to seeing about 800 or so items for The "Dukes of Hazzard".   It was over 3,000 this afternoon. :o :o :o

Everybody trying to make a buck. ::)

Bluebeast

Same thing happened with the Gran Torinos after the Starsky and Hutch film came out. Those prices are back down but are not what they used to be.
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed

dkn1997

Quote from: daytona71 on August 13, 2005, 06:48:56 PM
To Brian S , dkn1997 and others

Stuntman is offline at the moment as he is travelling in Montana.  If you had a General Lee with as much history as that car has, you would be proud of it too.
  Can you say that your motor mounts were given to you by John (Bo Duke)?  Stuntman and John are very good friends.
Can you say that your car was the last General Lee ever to drive on the backlots of Warner Brothers before the demolition ?
Yes, thats the same car that was written off, 2 years ago. And has been returned to within 1/4" of factory specs by the magic of the Smith Brothers Restorations. I spent all saturday 2 weeks ago riding around in that General, and it rides great, goes really fast and can still make moves that only a qualified stunt driver like Stuntman can do.
The history alone on that Charger is priceless, so the bidder on that ebay auction is going to get way more than just an orange car.
Yes, the movie wave might only last a short while, but its fun while it lasts.

Easy, tough guy.  Nobody is criticizing the car or it's history.  So, your welcome for giving you the chance prove to us all just how much you know about this car.  Just because my car never drove the backlots at warner brothers and I am not friends with John Shcneider does not mean I am not qualified to read an auction and point out something in it that I thought was a bit cooky.

I just thought the motor mount thing was taking it a bit too far, especially considering all of the OTHER history that the car obviousely has.

next time you decide to climb up on your soapbox, actually think about what was written and take it for what it is and not assume it is an assault on that car or it's obvious pedigree.
RECHRGED

Chris G.

The auction is not for a real General Lee used in the t.v. show. It was in a video and some reunion show that I never heard of. Whoever thinks this car is worth 50K, is...well...nevermind. I could see if the car was used in the actual show, but a music video that is shown on CMT? Puhleeessse ::).

I think the motor mount comment was one of the funniest things I have ever read. Where did John Schneider get the mounts from...NAPA? AutoZone? Newsflash, John Schneider was a never was.

dkn1997

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on August 14, 2005, 07:33:46 AM
The auction is not for a real General Lee used in the t.v. show. It was in a video and some reunion show that I never heard of. Whoever thinks this car is worth 50K, is...well...nevermind. I could see if the car was used in the actual show, but a music video that is shown on CMT? Puhleeessse ::).

I think the motor mount comment was one of the funniest things I have ever read. Where did John Schneider get the mounts from...NAPA? AutoZone? Newsflash, John Schneider was a never was.

Hey, man, don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel!!!!   :o
RECHRGED

Chris G.

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 14, 2005, 07:44:43 AM
Hey, man, don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel!!!!     :o

You should have seen the un-edited version :angel:. If any of you have ever gotten a PM from Stuntman, then you'll know how arrogant he really is. To say things like this in the auction makes me laugh..."This is not the "Have some free popcorn and park your clone car out in the street at the single-plex manager's discretion" type of spit and giggles promo"   I'm sorry, can someone define what a "clone" General is and what a "real" General is? I'm guessing a real General would be one used in the actual show?

I know the Dukies are nuts about the movie and memorabilia. Heck, I'll bet some Trekee(?) would spend a grand to have Captain Kirk's fruit of the looms.   :shruggy:

dkn1997

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on August 14, 2005, 08:21:41 AM
. Heck, I'll bet some Trekee(?) would spend a grand to have Captain Kirk's fruit of the looms.  :shruggy:

Hey, it was only 850!!!!
RECHRGED

IBsmokin

man I got my pair with skid marks for $650 :P

dkn1997

RECHRGED

IBsmokin

I know eh, got to love ebay, man someone should really do that, make an auction up for captian kirks boxer briefs with captian Kirks actually skid marks!!!   I wonder how much they will sell for?

Nacho-RT74

I would wish to know how much somebody pay for a 69 Charger with Hemi what actually is here in Venezuela... about 45 min from my home... I'lll go to see it soon...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

IBsmokin

dont forget pics nacho!!
venazuelian boa constrictors go for a 1000 bucks a piece if they have nice redtals and clean patterns.

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

IBsmokin

you notice his starting bid is only 50 bucks shy of his buy it now, what sucks is, I need that piece.

dkn1997

this thread has now been hijacked twice!!!
RECHRGED

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Nacho-RT74

hahaha, I do know that seller ( center console one )... and, got front grilles for my car, not really in good conditions... never will close a deal with Mopar3401 ( or at least I hope don't need it )because is some kind of thief IMHO.

I also sold him two sets of R/T 71 NOS tail lights bezels on $420 ( including shipping ), and sold them one pair on $400 and the other pair on $600...

Of course he is not guilty of prices ( except because was the starting bid ), the guilty was the buyer... The deal on this was that he almost didn't buy me becasue I didn't want to get lower the price just $20.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

RD

Quote from: dkn1997 on August 14, 2005, 01:40:20 PM
this thread has now been hijacked twice!!!

who, what, when , where? whatchoo talking 'bout willis?  :icon_smile_big: